Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite episode of the Filmation series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU What is your favourite episode of the Filmation series?

What is your favourite episode of Filmation's classic He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon series?
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Chris here...

Unquestionably for me, it would be "Into the Abyss" - that episode firmly established what the classic He-Man cartoon was about. Yes, it was about action & adventure, but at its very heart, it was a show about friendship and family. That episode is brilliantly written and even now gives me a lump in my throat!!

My second favourite is "The Time Wheel" - I love all the She-Ra music!

Take care...

Comment

Hmm... To hard to choose just one!

Comment

I think it's titled Prince Adam No more... when he throws the sword into the abyss.... I like that one, and the time wheel. Also the Grannmyr eps rock!
        TFG1Mike
        Co-Creator of The GeekCast Radio Network
        http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps3ec86e12.jpg

Comment

• He-Fan
          He-Fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Chris here...

The episode you're thinking of is "The Problem With Power" - another excellent episode much-loved by fans!

Take care...

Oddly enough, it's "The Problem with Power", which is the last episode they made. I think the story is timely and it was brilliantly written. All of the above mentioned episodes are also top notch!

Comment

Agreed, "The Problem With Power" was a quite a deep and thought provoking episode considering the norm for the series. I also liked "Battle Cat","Teela's Quest," and "The Origin Of The Sorceress"

Comment

My favourite episode is "Fisto's Forest", because it was Fisto's origin story. As a kid, I thought it was pretty cool that Fisto was an evil warrior who worked for Skeletor, before being convinced by He-Man to change his ways. Plus, he had a giant pet spider!

Last edited by Black Zodac; 01-03-2014, 12:17 PM.
            “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
              Battle Ram Man commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a good one. Fisto's voice bothers me though. The echo on it makes no sense

Creatures from the Tar Swamp. Marvelous character interaction, a scheme by Skeletor that actually works, glimpses of the past and showing that Orko can provide both great comedy and is one bad dude when he gets into it.
            I would still buy the infamous Stick-Man in all other lines but Classics

Comment

My pick goes to........Origin of the Sorceress.
              Story was: The Sorceress realizes her old enemy Morgoth is attempting to return to Eternia. She decides to make a stand, and tells He-Man how her first battle against Morgoth caused her to take up the mantle of Sorceress of Grayskull.

Even No Skeletor in this episode. Still it tells great story and gives worthy Origin for the Sorceress. Also action scene fits story well. Finnally there is some very memorable lines in this episode like:

You who seek help, enter. But know you this: if you enter the walls of Castle Grayskull you may never again be the same as you are now.
              - Kuduk Ungol

Enter the pool of power. Only the purest and the gentlest may have the power of Castle Grayskull. If the Castle accepts you, you will emerge changed. Enter.
              - Kuduk Ungol

Comment

"The Dragon's Gift" - that one always really stood out to me ever since I was a child. Love me some Granamyr.

Comment

"The Return of Granamyr" was always a stand out episode for me. We got to see big red again, and the awesome Shadow Wing, and sadly, we never saw him again.

"House of Shokoti" was awesome. Any cartoon 2 parter tends to be extra special. There could be about half a dozen more that were just great, but I'm tired... good night
                  Last edited by Sky Runner; 01-08-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Hmmm!, very hard question, but i think "The Toy maker" and "Diamond Ray of Disappearance".

I like the first one cos it´s a kind of creepy story and I like the Toy Maker character.

And I love the introduction of characters in the "Diamond Ray..." and the music, a kind of Barbarian theme.

Oh, and "The great Books of Mystery!, cos I love Batros!

Comment

So many. But one of my absolute faves is "To Save Skeletor". Lovecraftian themes, a nigh unbeatable villain, and Skeletor acting like the traitorous wretch that we all love. Near perfect for me,.

Comment

I'd have to go with "The Problem With Power".

Comment

The He-Man & She-Ra Christmas special! They managed to convey the giving/being decent part without getting all religious. You also get to see Skeletor being a big softy, HAHA!! Anything with Granamyr in it is also pretty cool. I'm itching to get my hands on the MOTUC release of him.
                          Last edited by Robarr The Morbid; 05-12-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

"Diamond ray of disappearance"

Comment

I have to go with Diamond Ray of Disappearance - love how it introduces the evil warriors. It's a bit more hard core too than some of the others. I remember seeing that one very early and getting hooked.
                              Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

"Diamond Ray of Disappearance" is classic, but I kinda dig "House of Shokoti" with it being a two-parter. It had Trap Jaw working with someone besides Skeletor and (if I remember right) he designed the robot spiders, Masque was a bad dude, and Shokoti had some really dark Conan-esque elements.
                                I make my own MOTU video games. Wanna see?
                                http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie
                                http://wallbie.deviantart.com/
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors

Comment

One of my favorite episodes is "Horde Prime Takes a Holiday" because it shows Adam having dinner with Adora and her friends in the Whispering Woods, and then He-Man and She-Ra standing together back on Eternia giving advice in the palace courtyard. Because we never got to see Etheria free and Adora finally being able to be together with her family.

Another reason is that the episode implied that She-Ra respected He-Man's strength when the rest of series seemed to have them at equal strength, or even She-Ra being stronger.
                                  Last edited by dura_grip; 07-19-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X