Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wish Filmation had made New Adventures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA Do you wish Filmation had made New Adventures?

Do you wish Filmation had made the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon, instead of Jetlag Productions?

Pre-production artwork for He-Man and the Masters of Space, by Filmation.​
    Yes.
    57.14%
    No.
    42.86%
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

I'm torn on this. It would have been nice but at the same time they had planned to destroy Grayskull in the first episode.
    By the Power of Eternia! I want a Club Primus!

Comment

• pH6
      pH6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Which is rather interesting...of the five beginninngs I'm familiar with, Grayskull remains standing only in two.

Hello, first post :-)
    I would have loved it if Filmation had made NA. It would have felt like less of a betrayal. I just watched it for the first time last summer and it took a lot of getting used to at the beginning. Filmation aesthetics would have really helped, and probably would have helped it be more widely accepted by fans.
    As for Castle Grayskull, I have been imagining that when the Starship Eternia brought He-Man back (and others, in MOTUC), it would land on the site of Castle Grayskull, returning the power to Eternia, and combining its form with the rubble to create a shiny new Grayskull.

Comment

If Filmation made NA, alot of fans might hate NA a lot less. Things would have been consistent.

Comment

I know that I would have loved it much more if it was done by Filmation. To me the NA series had nothing in common with Motu except the name. If NA was done by Filmation it would have been a different story. It might have felt more like a continuation instead of complete reboot

Comment

I'm not sure.
          Some of the ideas sound dreadful.... though there's no telling if such ideas would've ended up on screen.
          So I gotta go with maybe. Biggest plus would be that it would've been a continuation of the series rather than a somewhat soft reboot.
          “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Hell NO!
            There is nothing Filmation could have done any better than Jetlag. Yes, the animation and aesthetics would have remained, I give you that. But would that really be a plus? It most certainly isn´t for me. NA was all about Sci-Fi and Action, while the Filmation aesthetics (to me!) are better suited for comical or more static stories. Having MOTU produced by Filmations standards, with the heavy relying on stock footage, hurt the translation of scripted action to animated action. The NA cartoon was much more to the high animation standards of that time. It was fluent, not static. Characters were able to perform complicated maneuvers, such as spinning, kicking and drawing a weapon, all simultaniously. Filmation would have animated the very same action in five times the length, with the character running from left to right and out of frame, inserting an off-screen kicking sound, followed by a cartoony whistling "whoosh" of somebody flying a dozen yards from the kick (landing in a puddle of mud) and then followed by the character standing and drawing his weapon in his "hero-stance".
            Filmation would have killed all the action that Jetlag delivered.
            Apart from the obvious differences in the quality of the techniques used, storywise there really wouldn´t be much difference, or else it wouldn´t have been NA, but "that generic He-Man sequel". You would even still have had the comical sidekicks.

Sorry for the rant. But that´s just the truth.

Comment

Actually, at the time Filmation was working on NA He-Man, they seemed to have wanted to drop stock footage system:

Which is something they even experimented during Bravestarr in a two parter episode "Sherlock Holmes in the 23d century" which featured abnormally low number of stock footage:

“A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I think it was a blessing in disguise that Filmation never got to make 'He-Man and the Masters of Space'. If they had, Skeletor would have had a kiddie niece and nephew, and He-Man would have had a talking sword...

Comment

Yeah, but like I've said - there's no telling if that stuff would've made it onto the screen.
                  For example, the original series bible had Evil-Lyn, Beast-Man and Tri-Klops originate from Earth and the series guide for networks had Adam transforming into He-Man by hitting stones with his sword:

Last edited by D.M.; 02-20-2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I tried watching the NA series a while back and I must say, my attention was drifting. I really found it lacking. I would have liked to see the same designs and concepts used by Filmation but with better stories. Imagine if they had a decent budget too, It would be of Don Bluth quality. Oh and... hire some extra voice actors too. I never liked that Filmation was so cheap that only 3-4 people did all the voices for every single character.

Comment

I like NA the way it is. A nice change from the Filmation series.
                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Man, I'd have loved that. No offense to anyone at Jetlag, but I just find it hard to watch much of NA, and I loved the NA toys as a kid.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X