Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite episode of the New Adventures of He-Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA What is your favourite episode of the New Adventures of He-Man?

What is your favourite episode from the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon series?

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Sword and Staff is one of my favourite He-Man stories, period. But there are quite a few gems in there.
    I would still buy the infamous Stick-Man in all other lines but Classics

Comment

Once Upon a Time. I cry every time. "Goodbye, forever.." Honorable mention goes to Sword and Staff, The Running of the Herd, Bride of Slushhead and Four Ways to Sundown.
      By the Power of Eternia! I want a Club Primus!

Comment

It's been a while but I remember liking "Sword and Staff". Also the multi-part episode series where it looks like Skeletor and the mutants have won and conquered Primus and He-Man and the scientists have to retreat into the wilderness to plan a counter attack. I liked those quite a bit.

Comment

Chris here...

I will second ph6's comments about "Sword & Staff", not just one of the best New Adventures episodes but IMO one of the best MOTU stories ever told, flat out full stop!

I love the NA cartoon series - I've always felt that its underrated by fans due to being so radically different from the Filmation show. But, there are some absolutely excellent stories in there!

Take care...

Comment

"Sword and Staff" is, IMO, very much a rough-edged gem. The concept and potential are very good, but there are some bits of dialogue that just fall flat for me--mostly the musings about the crystal. If they'd done more to sell it as Pure Evil, and made He-Man's reflections on its destruction a little less pretentious (it feels like they were shooting for profound but fell short), I'd agree that it's a classic. As it is, it's almost there but not quite. Then again, it's been years since I last watched it, and the NA episodes aren't etched into my memory like so many of the Filmation ones.

"The Nemesis Within" was a personal favorite, but I've always been a Faker fan. All right, technically He-Slave wasn't Faker, but he's as close as we ever got--closer than "The Shaping Staff"!

Comment

• pH6
              pH6 commented
              Editing a comment
              A closing circle..pre-Filmation Skeletor tampered with cloning too. And the 'By the power of Skeletor' was an insta-classic.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X