No announcement yet.

What if the dark side of Eternia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU What if the dark side of Eternia...

...is not a hemisphere as depicted in the 200x cartoon, but this dark volcanic area:

It being on same hemisphere as Castle Grayskull makes He-Man throwing Batros to the dark side more plausible (though still crazy! :P ).
    Last edited by D.M.; 06-16-2014, 04:04 PM.
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Perpetual cover from volcanic smoke clouds works; another possibility is that it's under perpetual solar eclipse from the Dark Moon ("The Shadow of Skeletor") that is locked in orbit over Skeletor's dominions.

I came up with the 'magical cause' explanation for fanfic back in 1999, largely because I wanted to feature a bit on Preternia in the region before it became the Dark Side. But I've never been committed to the idea that it has to be a literal half of the planet, except in 200X continuity.

Comment

Note that there was one time when there was daylight at Snake Mountain, making it unlikely for the Dark Moon to be in a locked orbit:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJwk...tailpage#t=689
      “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X