Rest in peace. (8[

Leave a comment:

• Firefly
    replied
    R.I.P. Hal. You will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Black Zodac
    replied
    Very sad to hear of Hal's passing. Hal Sutherland, Lou Scheimer and Norm Prescott leave behind a great legacy with Filmation. When I look at Hal's painting of the three men on horses that is posted above, I imagine it is the three of them riding off into the sunset now.
    Last edited by Black Zodac; 01-18-2014, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Ozone
    replied
    It's so sad that the three minds behind flimation are gone its so sad.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    started a topic MOTU Hal Sutherland has passed away

Hal Sutherland has passed away

Hal Sutherland has sadly passed away. Hal co-founded the Filmation animation studio with Lou Scheimer and Norm Prescott in 1963. He directed the first sixteen episodes of Star Trek: The Animated Series in 1973. He directed some of Filmation's superhero cartoons, including The Adventures of Batman, The Batman/Superman Hour, and Aquaman. He also directed many episodes of the popular Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. He went into semi-retirement in 1974 to focus on fine-art painting. In the early 1980s, he returned to Filmation to serve as Production Director on He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The popular cartoon went on to become Filmation's most successful series. In 1988, he retired from animation to once again concentrate on fine-art painting. He will be greatly missed.

http://www.halsutherlandart.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X