Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Masters Of The Universe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Masters Of The Universe!

A fun article by Scott Davis was recently posted at What Culture, discussing 10 behind-the-scenes facts about the 1987 Masters of the Universe film.

You can check out the article by clicking HERE!

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Number 10 doesn't make much sense. I mean, if that's the reason for lack of Adam - how come they used the Sorceress then? Plus, Adam was part of the toyline by the time work on the movie began. :I

7 - Eh? Mattel was going bankrupt? \8I
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Captain Atkin
      Captain Atkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Cannon Films was going bankrupt. Mattel was losing millions at the time on the He-Man toyline as toy sales were down. Mattel was not going bankrupt, but they were counting on the film to bring their sales up again.

Interesting stuff. Some of these I had heard but others were new to me.

Man, I really want that Toy Masters documentary to come out, though. What's the hold up?

Comment

One thing I've recently been wondering about: does anyone know if there was a plan to link the Movie to PoG in some fashion? We've got the Cosmic Key showing up in both PoG:TLB and the movie, and rumors of a PoG cardback for Gwildor. And from a business sense, it would make sense for Mattel to try and use the two to boost each other.

Comment

Now I know! And knowing is half the battle! G.I.JOOOOOOOE!!! Sorry, wrong franchise....Anyway, to my fellow Canuckle-heads, the MOTU movie is on in the wee hours of Sunday morning (12:45AM) on Space. Awwwwwww, yeah!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X