• Show
Clear All

• Behind The Scenes Interview with Dolph Lundgren

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dolph-Lundgren-He-Man-560x309.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	44244

A cool interview with Dolph Lundgren discussing his Hollywood career, and what it was like to play He-Man in the Masters of the Universe movie.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Dolphy is still looking good for his age!

Comment

Dolph looks great for his age. Would love to see him play He-Man or King Grayskull in a future film.
      “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

He's very laid back about it - I could swear I'd read online that he was very dismissive (if not outright derisive) of the role and film in the past.
        Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Dolph is a very interesting guy. He's made a career of being a big action psycho thug, but in reality he is a intelligent, smooth talking, warm-hearted, top tier athlete with many talents. He's literally done it all, and is so sweet and humble. He also has crazy genetics! Seriously he is an amazing specimen of man. No one else could have been He-Man and I'll be damned if they ever find another who can fill his shoes.

If the vintage purist haters could get off their stuffy inflatable nerd warhorses, and stop hugging their Baby Skeletors while watching their precious "written for 5 year olds" Filmation material, they'd see that the 87' Masters of the Universe film is fantastic!

PS: I love Filmation, but I accept it as only 1 part of the vast MOTU mythos.
          Last edited by Sky Runner; 07-08-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Draego-Man
            Draego-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I actually love the movie too. Never understood why "fans" hated it.

• D.M.
            D.M. commented
            Editing a comment
            The hate is due to lack of familiarity. It's very easy to hate it for that when you don't know that low budget was the main cause of it and nowadays it's very easy to love it thanks to utter hacks like Michael Bay who keep redefining rock bottom.

So all in all, it's a very decent movie. Could've been better for sure, but at least it's not like Bayformers. Or like the horrid neo-DC MOTU comics.

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
          He's very laid back about it - I could swear I'd read online that he was very dismissive (if not outright derisive) of the role and film in the past.
          I think he was struggling to find himself as an actor. He was thrust into global super stardom after Rocky IV and found himself as the lead of a big budget movie but based on a toy which really hadn't been done. It was a tough shoot physically and not exactly loved by fans of the show. Same kind of thing happened on The Punisher, I think it has more to do with his career not taking off the way it could have and the films being more slapdash affairs being met with negative reception. But over time Masters and Punisher have become cult hits people love so I'm sure he accepts them for what they were and are. Love his flicks and the movie!
          He-Man: "It's not her you want, it's me. It's always been between us."

Comment

No one can replace Dolph as He-Man ... He has and always been the perfect man for the role looks wise. maybe I am bias because all my life I been called a dolph look a like or should I say Ivan Drago look a like it was even my nick name in school

Comment

Dolph looks great for his age. I really hope they cast him as King Grayskull in the new movie!
              "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X