New York Comic Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Comic Con

I don't know how many of you attend this event but this afternoon New York Comic Con showed a Digital River level of incompetence.
    Tickets went live at 12pm EST, When you tried to buy tickets you were placed in a virtual queue (sound familiar) until it was your turn.
    The limit was six, as I understand the way it worked, when you went to buy tickets, the system flagged 6, regardless of how many you wanted. Once your transaction was complete any you didn't buy were returned to the inventory. Add in reported glitches and error messages and the end result was a mess worthy of Digital River. I have never seen tickets sell out this quickly in less than an hour both 3 day and Saturday tickets were gone and yet there are plenty to be seen on Ebay and resale sites.

The fallout on NYCC Facebook page reminds me of what I wold see on forums after a Matty Sale a lot of very angry people

Hopefully retailers will be selling 3-day tickets. I can only hope NYCC learns from this so it's not such a mess next year.

Well, as a long sufferer of SDCC, it looks like NYCC just stepped it up into a new tier. The Phoenix CC is growing every year - but is somehow Manga/Anime dominated, which is not my bag.
    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X