Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder if people are losing interest as well! I've heard there were some issues last time with how the convention has been organized and directed, and there were also some unhappy guests!

• deano_ue
    commented on 's reply
    I don't begrudge people like dan doing this, but what has to be realised if people can't go then they can't go there is no room for discussion. No matter what heart felt pleas people have to be realistic.

From the start power com hasn't been well organised with its locations, yearly placement and how it's dealt with people. Sadly it's now coming to a head and all that will be blamed is the people asking for it to be moved to New York.

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Now as predicated, here comes Pixel-Dan for his turn:

Leave a comment:

• deano_ue
    replied
    Part of me really doesn't want power con cancelled mainly for the fans. But it just seems more and more that nothing in this line or fandom with out people begging or making other feel guilty for not paying out

Leave a comment:

• GREP-A-TOR
    replied
    "....you could run into the people who did the voices for the Thundercats."

Nope, no Thundercats or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Leave a comment:

• barrasco
    replied
    Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
    Daniel Benedict (The creator of Castle Grayskull-Man) has made a video promoting it:

"... you could be walking along and all of a sudden you'd have your foot on Scott Neitlich's ass."

Now that's something I'd pay for.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Daniel Benedict (The creator of Castle Grayskull-Man) has made a video promoting it:

Leave a comment:

• Croc-O-Bite!
    replied
    Your last two sentences reminds me of a certain toy company's tactics, now who could that be I wonder????

Leave a comment:

• Jukka
    commented on 's reply
    GREP-A-TOR: The European MOTU Convention has been going for some 10 years.

• RoboSteveo
    replied
    Originally posted by deano_ue View Post
    so whats the reaction to this been on other aspects of the web. truthfully i dont think many on non he-man sites would really give a damn
    I think the only "non-fans" who would care would be some of the vendors who were going to sell stuff at the Con, and family members of attendees who were hoping for a NYC vacation. In truth, Power-con sells more than just He-Man stuff, but the focus has been placed on MOTU this year and so that is going to attract less people. If they had tried to attract Thunder Cats and Ninja Turtles fans again, I think they would have sold more tickets.

From what I read at the Org this morning, Val dropped Turtles and Cats because it was too expensive to pay all of the voice talent from those properties. He said that Power-Con wasn't turning a large profit because the actors are very expensive to book. That is why he decided to focus on just MOTU this year. It was all to save money. In the end, I think that was a bit short-sighted, as you have to spend money to make money.

Leave a comment:

• Draego-Man
    commented on 's reply
    The answer is because Val is an idiot. He thinks only his ideas are good ideas, and so he listens to no one. Now he is getting what he deserves. I hope this throws him into financial ruin.

• deano_ue
    commented on 's reply
    from what i hear its extremely good, ive never been because truthfully i dont know as much about it. it doesnt seem to be advertised as much plus getting to germany from northern ireland isnt that cheap either.

• deano_ue
    replied
    so whats the reaction to this been on other aspects of the web. truthfully i dont think many on non he-man sites would really give a damn

Leave a comment:

• Croc-O-Bite!
    commented on 's reply
    I couldn't help but think the exact same thing!

• Black Zodac
    replied
    Dropping Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a big mistake. Especially when the Ninja Turtles have a brand new movie coming out this summer. Seriously... the Ninja Turtles are from New York City! Why would you not capitalize on that when your convention is being held in New York City? That should have been a no-brainer for whoever was marketing Power-Con. I would love to know the real reason behind dropping Thunder Cats and Ninja Turtles from Power-Con. Did Viacom and Warner Brothers tell them that they didn't want them using their characters to promote Power-Con without paying licensing fees? Or did Val and company just want to cater to Mattel this year? Does anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• GREP-A-TOR
    commented on 's reply
    But isn't the Convention in Europe just as good as the one here? I know there is a robust He-Man community there and their convention has been going on for just as long - or am I mistaken?

• Draego-Man
    replied
    Well good! Karma is a bitch!

Leave a comment:

• Kumkani
    replied
    Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Is this the one organized by Val and the ORG? IF so I am VERY HAPPY to see it is going so poorly for them. They deserve it!
    yeah that's the same one.

Leave a comment:

• Draego-Man
    replied
    Is this the one organized by Val and the ORG? IF so I am VERY HAPPY to see it is going so poorly for them. They deserve it!

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Although I live in CA, honestly I just cannot be in the same place where that TG jerk is roaming and seeing his ass lickers praising his awful deeds! However, I wish one day we get to celebrate MOTU where honesty and true honor are also present.

Leave a comment:

• deano_ue
    replied
    the move came from the idea to get more international fans to the con. its still damn expensive but its cheaper to NY from the uk than LA. the first power con i priced at £1200 for flights and hotel before con tickets, food and spending money

Leave a comment:

• GREP-A-TOR
    replied
    "So when the LA show peaked in attendance, we knew we had to look at other possible venues to continue the event."

LOL - so you move the event across the country???? You find an alternative venue in the same STATE.

Leave a comment:

• deano_ue
    replied
    i dont like kicking someone when they're down, and i'd love for any form of he-man convention to succeed. but the signs have been there for a while. the alienation of a lot of fans, the demands from higher ups and the moronic decision to remove thundercats and tmnt. it may be close to the bone but he-man doesnt have the credibility to rivial bot-con or joe-con hell even morphacon on its own

a lot more personal stuff to do with me and power con could be covered here but its not relative to the main discussion. it'll be interesting to see the fall out from this

Leave a comment:

• Nemisythe
    replied
    And another problem is: it's too close to the NYCC, so there is a BIG ISSUE with which one do you go to? I for one am one who having a booth and preparing for that truly affects my decision. Although I was planning on possibly at least making it on. Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Kumkani
    replied
    If I were able to go, I'm not 100% sure I would. I would LOVE to meet Earl Norem and the horsemen, but the folks behind the event, over the last year have REALLY left a sour taste in my mouth and dampened my enthusiasm for such an event I really don't want to give my patronage to them, I wonder if many fans feel the same way, esp since the opening sentence (might not be intentional) feels passive-aggressively blaming the fans for sales being bad. Also the date is a month before NYCC, and new york is an EXPENSIVE city to stay in. this is poor planning. i

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X