Any MMA Fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any MMA Fans here?

Are there any MMA fans on the boards here? I love it and have for quite some time.

Sorry, what is MMA?

Comment

• Captain Atkin
      Captain Atkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Mixed Martial Arts

Yeah I dig it, always get the girl to go out for MMA when Rousey is fighting now, always a good time.
    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Most of my uncles are retired professional boxers, and are now involved behind the scenes with MMA in Canada.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by GREP-A-TOR View Post
        Yeah I dig it, always get the girl to go out for MMA when Rousey is fighting now, always a good time.
        I love WMMA as much as MMA in general. I have a new facebook page that I'd love anyone who loves/likes MMA to LIKE and join in on the discussion, news, etc.. Please come join us if you do! Go to: ​https://www.facebook.com/MMAViewpointUSA

Comment

Fan here, been watching since the Brazilian fight vids over 20 years ago. Been training for a few years also.
          "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

Im a fan of MMA. I even used to roll around with a few fighters that ended up fighting for a living. I first learned about MMA from watching the UFC back in the mid 90's (you know back when it was basically anything goes, basically American "Vale Tudo"). Then when I was a teen I discovered K-1 (yea not really MMA, but many MMA fighters came from there). Then in my late teens I encountered Pride FC, and I have to say that to this day Pride FC is my favorite (with K-1 being a closed second). I dont really watch UFC anymore (I cant stand Dana White and to a lesser degree Joe Rogan).

Some of my favorite K-1/MMA fighters growing up were:

Fedor Emelienenko

Bas Rutten

Mirko Filipovic

Mark Hunt

Mauricio Rua

Jerome Le Banner

Peter Aerts

Andy Hug

Wanderlei Silva

Don Frye

Ernesto Hoost

Ken Shamrock

Randy Couture

Remy Bonjasky

Royce Gracie

Mark Coleman

Just to name some of the fighters whos fights that I followed.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
              GREP-A-TOR commented
              Editing a comment
              Don The Predator Frye was one tough son of a bitch

I really hated that UFC bought Pride FC, since it was their main competition. But I guess theres always DREAM as the alternative.

Comment

Not for me, too much violence for something that suppose to be a sport!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
                Not for me, too much violence for something that suppose to be a sport!
                Yea man it was very violent, especially in Pride. I remember how UFC didnt allow stomps, but Pride allowed stomps and floor kicks. Guys like Wanderlei use the "kick/stomp" at their advantage- he would kick an opponent's head, as if it was the World Cup....

Comment

Originally posted by GREP-A-TOR View Post
                  Don The Predator Frye was one tough son of a bitch
                  Haha you could say that again. That guy may look like one of the "Rescue Heroes" but hes no joke. I remember when he fought Shamrock in Pride, Frye had a broken ankle and still fought and won against Shamrock. When I first saw Frye vs Takayama, I couldnt stop laughing for like a week. They were going at it like something out of Fist of the North Star.

The only time that I probably laughed harder during afight, was when I saw "K-1 Dynamite 2005" live, it was Heath Herring vs Yoshirhiro Nakao... Ill tell you after seeing what transpired in that fight (I dont know it we can even call it a "fight"), I couldnt stop laughing like a month. It also didnt help me while at school, because I would burst out laughing at random moments during class, just thinking about that fight. Of course everyone else in the class probably thought that I was crazy, because I appeared to be laughing among myself for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Todd View Post

Yea man it was very violent, especially in Pride. I remember how UFC didnt allow stomps, but Pride allowed stomps and floor kicks. Guys like Wanderlei use the "kick/stomp" at their advantage- he would kick an opponent's head, as if it was the World Cup....
                    I won't mind seeing robots destroying the heck of each other, but real living beings with souls is just too gruesome and inhumane for me, especially under the banner of entertainment! At least most of the wresting we used to watch as kids was fake and scripted...

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
                      I won't mind seeing robots destroying the heck of each other, but real living beings with souls is just too gruesome and inhumane for me, especially under the banner of entertainment! At least most of the wresting we used to watch as kids was fake and scripted...
                      I understand where youre coming from, because MMA is a violent sport as is Boxing (in my opinion) and Muay Thai being worse... But Vale Tudo is probably the most brutal.
                      Last edited by Jason Todd; 08-24-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X