• Show
Clear All

Amberian Dawn's first album with Heidi:

Amberian Dawn's fifth album with Capri:

Comment

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      Amberian Dawn is about finesse and intricacies, where Epica is about big and exotic melodies, they might be in same genre but totally different sound!

29 seconds is hardly a good way to judge someone's style and talent, but if you're not into it, you're not into it... People have different tastes after all.

• Dark Angel
      Dark Angel commented
      Editing a comment
      It's that rock chick voice. Just...no. It's not just her, it's the style of singing. I cannot tolerate power metal vox for the most part at all.

And I need the BOMBAST.

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, I get you Dark, however you are missing on a lot of good music! ;-)

I have a friend of mine who loves and praises the clean power metal type of vocals and hates everything with grunts and growly vocals, and I keep telling him he's also missing on a lot of good music!... I even invited him to come and see Amon Amarth and Exmortus with me next may, and the doofus declines!!!

I on the hand can't stand most of the Nu-Metal and Djent genre, even though I'm a huge fan of Power Prog and Progressive Metal in general.
      Last edited by Mechanizor; 04-26-2016, 10:55 PM.

This is a little different treat for you Dark-Angel:

I'm going to see Amon Amarth playing this Friday, something that could take me away a little from my uncanny stressful life...

Comment

• Dark Angel
      Dark Angel commented
      Editing a comment
      ...oh my. LOL.

The new album is great! They just played in Vancouver, but I unfortunately missed it as I wasn't able to get across to the show (I live on the Island).

Got tickets for Slayer, Anthrax and Death Angel in October though... and just saw Iron Maiden not to long ago. \m/
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      I on the other hand I keep missing Slayer for some reason, and the illustrious Iron Maiden as well even though I have all their studio material on my iTunes!

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
    That said, this is also some of Hegg's best vocal work. Hard to believe a 42 year old man is still successfully not only pulling off the demon vox, but still has substantial range doing it. As some of you are aware, there is a spoken word element to the second single At Dawn's First Light, and actually, there is spoken word throughout the album. Again, Hegg has an impressive speaking voice which he uses to great effect.
    I just came back from the show, he was unbelievable, and the band was grandiose and tight as (you know what). I couldn't believe how deep his throat was from beginning to end, it filled the concert hall like a thunder from the norse Gods! Plus it was a theatrical viking show as expected.

The new live drummer was also tight and talented, in my opinion he fits the band well and brought a lot of energy to the show, however I'm not sure if he's a permanent member yet or not!

Don't miss them when they show up in your town.

Comment

If you are/were a Megadeth fan, yesterday Nick Menza (best Deth's drummer IMO) just passed away at age 51 from a massive heatstroke while performing with his Prog/Fusion band OHM!

I was following him on YT and on other social media, I'm still in shock!

RIP, Nick... NICK...

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        That sucks. Way too young.

Anyone heard of or listening to these fine fellows? I'm digging them...

Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Well I have a list as well... And although these guys over the years have wondered of the path I always thought this album was as pretty close to a possible MOTU soundtrack than anything else out there in the market at that time....

Kiss: Music From The Elder

Comment

Epica is up to something interesting again...their next album, The Holographic Principle, is out late September/Early October in multiple formats and editions:

Comment

Best albums of the year so far in no particular order are Ihsahn, Death Angel, Anthrax, Borknagar, Omnium Gatherum, Aborted, Primal Fear, Metal Church, Abbath, Obscura, Mystic Prophecy, Vektor, Flotsam and Jetsam, Iron Savior, Katatonia, Be'lakor, Candlemass, and Gojira.
            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Epica - The Holographic Principle Studio Documentary Part II:

Comment

Official lyric video for Universal Death Squad, the first single from Epica's upcoming album The Holographic Enigma:

Comment

Just to keep Dark Angel happy, the Holographic Documentary Part III :

Comment

Comment

Going to see Iron Maiden this week for the first time, never had a chance to see them before after listening to them for over 30 years. Gonna be driving the speed limit the whole time, and getting to the arena 2 hours early. Gonna finally see EDDIE IRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
                      “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                      Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                        Mechanizor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lucky you, I'm a big fan of their music, but I never had the chance to see them live to this day, they're coming here to the Bay Area next month, but most of the good tickets ($460+) are already gone, and the cheapest and worst seats are going for $69 plus service fees!

Nice! I've seen Maiden a whole bunch of times. They're awesome... especially live! UP THE IRONS! \m/

Comment

Never really understood the hype around Maiden, myself. Been listening to these guys lately:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
                          Never really understood the hype around Maiden, myself...
                          Iron Maiden took what was called progressive rock and turned it into a twin lead guitar and bass epic Metal fiesta, which subsequently evolved into Power/Speed/Epic Metal, and they only wrote a plethora of songs that are considered some of the best and the most memorable in this genre's history!

They're also one of the few bands in metal that have their bass player as the leader and the main song writer.

Comment

• Dark Angel
                            Dark Angel commented
                            Editing a comment
                            ...ok, yeah, that...that right there is exactly why I don't care much for Iron Maiden.

Look, I don't want to offend anyone, everyone is entitled to their own preferences and opinions. I, personally, am indifferent to Iron Maiden (and Power Metal in general), but having spent the better part of...oh, my lifetime being told I was wrong for that has bred an active dislike for them.

Get over it. I have.

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm not attacking you, nor giving you a lesson, I'm just giving you an answer to your question wether you agree with me on it or not... I tell you bro, there are so many Metal bands that I don't care for or dislike, and some people would call me nuts on it!

Music is an art form, and very very subjective, and surely we ought to have our own preferences.

• GREP-A-TOR
                            GREP-A-TOR commented
                            Editing a comment
                            To me, I enjoy albums that tell stories and have a cohesive thread. ALL of Iron Maiden albums do this, like Led Zeppelin does, same "feel". Another is Queensrÿche's Operation: Mindcrime - I don't like any of their other stuff.

Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son was the first Compact Disc I purchased.

I admit, they can come off a little "This is Spinal Tap". When the set was unveiled, it was a concrete Aztec theme, I couldn't help but yell, "StooooooooooooneeeeeHengeeeeee".

It's my guilty pleasure, and it's a genre I don't push on anyone and understand if people don't dig it.

12-14 dollar beers and $40 for a Concert Tee. Not a bootleg shirt hawker in the parking lots to be seen. Last time I saw knock off shirts being sold was 4 years ago at a MUSE concert. I still have a tye dye Lollapalooza bootleg from 1994 that is still intact with no wear or holes.
                          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Comment

I used to be a little headbanger but then along came my wife and curbed some of that. She couldn't even stand faith by limp bizkit so I rock out very little anymore. Once in a while though, I slip into old school stuff like megadeath, slayer, pantera, or anthrax....usually in my 2hr travel to work.

Anyways, I'm probably going to disappear for a while and quit pestering you guys..i just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to some of your tastes in music and i have rocked on once again thanks to some of you.

If i may, i suggest checking out leo moracchioli on youtube. I know its not going to be for everyone but he's a very talented norwegian dude who takes songs:fakerrocks:​out of mainstream and turns them on their heads.

Thanks again guys and keep it rockin! :hemanrocks:
                              “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

For me, it's Iron Maiden, all the way!
                              “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X