TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - Official Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - Official Trailers

The official teaser trailer for the new TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie!

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Man those turtles look weird... terrible in fact!
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Some fans might say "They are not TMNT now... they are Bay Turtles". I got the impression from this trailer that Shredder acts like he is a good guy in public, but in reality he's just villain we know he is. I hope they have good reason why each Turtle has own unique outfit than similar now, except for different colored masks.

Comment

• Barbecue17
        Barbecue17 commented
        Editing a comment
        I personally think the different outfits is a fairly reasonable way to identify each turtle beyond just the bandannas which might be a benefit in action scenes. I'm honestly not terribly opposed to the idea. To me it's a rather minor cosmetic difference that seems to me kind of interesting. I want to see a bit more before I pass judgment.

Christ, Megan Fox is dreadful. They could not have cast a better April O'Neil? She must be real good on Bay's star cast couch.
      “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
      Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Their faces look awful
        Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Captain Atkin
          Captain Atkin commented
          Editing a comment
          It's the nostrils! It just looks too weird.

Didn't like it one bit. Didn't see any of the Bayformers, doubt I'll ever see this one.
        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Ok, the giant green creepy baby things are...a stretch. And I get that April needs to be all sexified for the modern target audience (at least, supposedly). But...they whitewashed Shredder? Are the fans really OK with that?
          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• D.M.
            D.M. commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course not.
            Apologists on the other hand...

Here is the newest trailer for TMNT. This is easily the best one yet!

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

I think the movie actually looks pretty badass. The more I see the more excited I am to actually see the movie.

Also, the LEGO sets for this are amazing!...

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

The design on the turtles is growing on me too. They look kinda cool.

Comment

they look great in my opinion. the different styles makes sense, since they all have always had drastically different personalities. as far as the faces go, i honestly have no idea why people dont like it. they look completely fine. using the best technology to produce the best look. and it has NOTHING to do with Bay. that is the part that makes me the most mad. if Bay was not involved these turtles would look EXACTLY as they do right now. its a choice they went with.

the nostrils make sense because they have them.

Comment

Turtle lips = Batnipples
                  “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I think I can say this with certainty. It can't possibly be worse than Transformers 4 Age of Extinction.
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Draego-Man
                      Draego-Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dude, I couldn't even make it through the first Transformers movie. I actually turned it off after about 30 minutes and haven't bothered with any of the sequels.

• D.M.
                      D.M. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Anything in which Michael Bay is involved should be avoided like a plague.

• Robarr The Morbid
                      Robarr The Morbid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Can't be bothered with ANY of the Transformers movies because of 1) Shia Leboeuf (or as I like to refer to him, "The Man of Reluctant Beef") and 2) Optimus Prime does not, not, NOT have a moving mouth!! No lips, no NOTHING! Just that faceplate! I like that they got the actor who did his voice from the animated show, but that mouth ruined him for me. Michael Bay's the big studio version of Uwe Boll IMO. >:P

BLAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Curseth Thou, Michael Bay! 'O purveyor of multiple 'Splosions!! April O' Neal is a redhead, Shredder is NOT white. Those turtles look lame. I'd rather see Eastman & Laird's comic brought to life than this dreck. As much as I can't stand Cory Feldman, the old 90's versions close enough for me. PASS!! :P

Comment

The turtles design is growing on me, I like the Vietcong guerrilla look. The Shredder however, is kind of a big mechanical joke. There's just something so soulless about him to me... but then again Michael Bay has no soul.

The original TMNT movie was a masterpiece. What followed was a slow decline into forgettable trash. Then along comes Michael Bay.

Comment

outside of transformers, I would say, Armageddon, The Rock, BadBoys 1 & 2,and even pearl harbor are decent movies. (even transformers 1 isnt bad) but apparently once you get on the bad side of nerds, everything is exploded ten fold. seriously, you guys are funny.

same people that think singer is an amazing director, when the guy has only directed 2 1/2 decent movies in his life so far (i guess 3 if you add the newest x-men).

Comment

So Armageddon was Bay too? Interesting. That is the first movie I ever walked out of in the Theater. Bloody terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by TechTrek View Post
                            outside of transformers, I would say, Armageddon, The Rock, BadBoys 1 & 2,and even pearl harbor are decent movies. (even transformers 1 isnt bad) but apparently once you get on the bad side of nerds, everything is exploded ten fold. seriously, you guys are funny.

same people that think singer is an amazing director, when the guy has only directed 2 1/2 decent movies in his life so far (i guess 3 if you add the newest x-men).
                            You were able to stay awake through PEARL HARBOR???? I have never seen the whole thing.

Armageddon is cheesy goodness for me, right up there with "Con Air" and "The Rock". I just don't get Bad Boys, it's like the Tyler Perry of action movies - I think they are two of WIll SMith's worst movies. Martin Lawrence has only been in two movies I actually liked him in, "Life" and "House Party".

Crap - I JUST read that Bad Boys 3 is happening.
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

what I am saying is that it is super trendy to just talk crap about Bay. and its easy to see through. I have not yet heard a single argument about why his films "suck" but man everyone likes to run their mouths. I am in no way saying he is a great film maker. but the dude has made some DECENT movies. if you got a problem with the transformers movies that is fine. but comments like, "he made a mouth on O.P. or the turtles have lips" stuff like that equates to him being a horrible director is just empty noise. it has nothing to do with anything. I saw TF1 and it was pretty cool (i am not a huge TF person, but enjoyed the movie) the second one was way too over the top, they took the formula that made the first one good, and literally said, "lets do everything in that times two...." big mistake. i havent seen the last 2 because they just dont appeal to me. just like above, "you were able to stay awake through pearl harbor" that snip at bay is actually counter active to every other comment. is he boring, or is he over the top? its like saying Bush is the dumbest president ever, but also was the mastermind behind 9-11. you cant argue both points, because they contradict each other.

again, i am not at all a big fan of his, i am just really tired of fan boy hate that is just loud and annoying. would i have liked a different actress than megan fox? hell yes. does super shredder look crazy? yes. THE DUDE also looked dumb and crazy in TMNT2 secret of the ooze. CAUSE THAT IS THE STORY. lol. if you look up what story it follows (2003 cartoon) shredder will make more sense to people. i am just really happy you guys were all not this age when the first movies came out, bceause honestly, you would all sound exactly the same as you do now.

ps. my kids think this movie looks really funny and good. they think the turtles look "really cool" and that is by far good enough for me.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                                GREP-A-TOR commented
                                Editing a comment
                                ps. My cat runs to the litter box every time the new TMNT trailer comes on. That is by far good enough for me.

Looks like we have Michael Bay himself here handing down life lessons on how to argue

Pearl Harbor has explosions, pointless romance and horrible dialog. I fell asleep watching it TWICE.

So, a director can't make two different type of movies? Ridley Scott, he directed ALIEN and then directed1492: Conquest of Paradise - I have yet to see all of the 1492 movie and never care to.

"I have not yet heard a single argument about why his films "suck" but man everyone likes to run their mouths."

Then take the corks out of your ears and open your eyes man, for the love of god. In the first three Transformer movies actual robot fighting has consisted of 20 minutes of screen time. http://io9.com/the-transformers-tril...-ro-1603094507 - that is why he sucks.

Why most people hate BAY - including me, because his movies are excessively commercialized, feature no real character or plot development, and have way too many ridiculous explosions. Include UNNECESSARY SLOW MOTION SHOTS and over-editing to the list.

How you managed to defend Bush and Bay in a single post on a He-Man fan site defies logic.

Christ, I even said that I constantly watch Bay's Armageddon, Con Air and The Rock - but I guess Pearl Harbor is above reproach?

Don't like negatively, can't take the good with the bad? Want to avoid reality? There is another website out there just for you which most of us left.
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Although Michael Bay is producing the film, he isn't the director. The director is Jonathan Liebesman, who directed Battle: Los Angeles and Wrath of the Titans.

Steven Spielberg is the Producer on the Transformers films, and I don't think anyone would ever mistake a TF film for a Spielberg-directed film. The fact that Bay is producing this doesn't bother me, because every director brings their own style to a film.
                                "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                                  GREP-A-TOR commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I am one of the few people out of my circle that likes BATTLE:LA. Have not seen CLASH or WRATH of the titans. I turned Clash of the Titans reboot off after 15 minutes.

This is how I feel about it. When it comes to movies like Transformers, GI Joe and now this TMNT rehash, it seems that the people behind these projects leave just enough of the original elements to make the movies enjoyable to moderate fanboys (and completely blind others), and then, pepper them with flashy, obnoxious, mind numbing filth to appeal to a wider (dumb) audience.

While I would not have expected (or wanted) a Transformers movie to look like a G1 cartoon, or for GI Joe to mirror a Sunbow episode with Shipwreck and his talking parrot, there seems to be a stink formula that gets added to the mix, that transforms what could be a respectable action packed feast for the senses, into a giant predigested turd cake.

I would probably need about 3 hours to type out everything wrong with the 3 TF films, however I can sum up my feelings (what I recollect) about the first film in one simple sentence. "In my TF universe, there are no medicated miniature dogs, goofy-bumbling-but-likable- CIA agents, and Autobots, while having sense of humor, and unique personalities, do not urinate on people."
                                Michael Bay (and anyone that didn't protest the material) took what could have been an amazing sci-fi trilogy that would have walloped critics, and taken the audience of on a journey, much like Star Wars, The Matrix or Lord of the Rings did, sans his own personal stink of sexual innuendo, racism, potty humor, slut-bots and Internet references. Transformers could have been in sci-fi movie history, instead of a mess for a juvenile MTV generation of dullards.

The GI Joe films had some merit, but suffered excruciating comic relief and unnecessary (often soul sucking) changes to already established characters. When we come to see a GI Joe movie, we expect our Baroness to have exaggerated Russian accent, and be a cold bitch, not some 20 something bimbo actress trying to look mean and make scrunchy faces as her Duke love interest... but that's a whole other plot point rant.

While I can see some visual changes in the TMNTs that I'm willing to accept (the turtles and their extras) and some I will not accept (Caucasian Robo-Shredder), I fear that the movie will be exactly what the TF movies were. A big, in your face potty train of sexplosions, bad puns, and forgettable, flush-able cinematic trite. Free Baby Skeletor with every Blu-Ray purchase, in celebration of Michael Bay's He-Man & Masters of the Universe coming 2016.

If you want a magical TMNT movie, just pick up the first film on Blu-Ray for $10, order in your fav local pizza and rewind back to 1990. The film has soul. Michael Bay and his multi-million dollar VFX shits do not.
                                Last edited by Sky Runner; 07-15-2014, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Free Baby Skeletor with every Blu-Ray purchase, in celebration of Michael Bay's He-Man & Masters of the Universe coming 2016.
                                  BAM, finally I can get my copy of that sold out item, and give the stupid Blu-Ray away! I simply can't wait for the release!
                                  :stinkor:

Comment

1. The world doesn't revolve around fan boys. Opening up your mind to that will only benefit you. Nerds fail to understand that there are millions of other people outside of your bubble that have opinions and valid comments to say. Money talks. I can rake negativity and the few negative questions I have about this movie specifically address the actual movie. They are ninjas so why does Leo break bricks when he lands? Knoxville as leos voice in the commercial makes me nervous. It doesn't seem very Leo sounding. Are they that big? What storyline do they follow? Feels like they might make it like newest spiderman where it was all planned to be heroes from the beginning. I understand WHY some loud small numbers don't like his style but from the money perspective you are vastly out numbered. Honestly try talking to a non nerd once. I did the other day to my cousins. They freaking love the slow mo . they love the large over the top fight. And the stupid one liners. I don't care for them . it hurts my eyes. I wish that chick from harry potter would have been April instead of Megan fox. I can't stand her. But from a trendy stand point you can't argue that it is currently cool. Fun. Humorous and trendy to talk crap about Bay. I don't even like they guy and it's just stupid. Its like people talking crap about nickel back. I don't like them either but enough with the hipster trends. PS. I pray to god he doesn't touch heman. This conversation gets a lot more violent then lol

Comment

Guest commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      If you want to make a quality film, you respect the source material. You hire talented actors, and you understand that the audience wants to have their disbelief suspended. You take them on a journey to another world were anything is possible. Exposition, character development, mood, and meaningful moments (that even while taking place in a fantastic unrealistic world) move an audience.

If you want to make money however, its a different formula. Boom + Flash + Tits + Obnoxious Score (usually rap music) + Potty Humor + Trite Dialogue + Drug References + Internet References + Boom + Choppy 3 second Music video style editing + Obnoxious Celebrity References + More Internet References + Cardboard Silicone Pumped Actresses + Dumb/Obnoxious 1 Dimensional Kid Characters that dumb kids can relate to + Racial Stereotypes + Baby Talk+ Eeewy!!! + Boom + Flash + Boom + Slow Motion = Michael Bay Success.
                                      Last edited by Sky Runner; 07-15-2014, 09:11 PM.

• GREP-A-TOR
                                      GREP-A-TOR commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Who the frack are you calling a fanboy nerd?

Dude, are you here just to hate on people? I work, I have a girlfriend and friends, I go out and drink and host Football parties. I also collect He-Man and GI Joe, everyone was a kid once - and likes to geek out, even if they won't admit it out loud.

I am a member of Tucson's "The Loft" and attend our yearly movie festivals here, I enjoy cinema and good movies.

Skyrunner is killing it. Read his posts then re-read yours and consider yourself learned.

Any popular character owes something to the fans who made said character popular in the first place. What are they without fans? Nothing. Forgettable. I don't care what the opinions of non-fans are, nor can I take seriously the agendas of big-studio morons who think they have to have their two cents and alter these characters to appeal to non-fans from an outside "demographic". To them it's all about money not substance. Myself, I'll be ignoring this flick. Sometimes people talk crap about something because it genuinely sucks, not just because it's trendy to jump on the bandwagon.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X