80's Guilty Pleasures... come on... be honest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Guilty Pleasures... come on... be honest

We can all talk about the coolest things and toons of the 80s, He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, but what are some of your 80s guilty pleasures?
    The stuff that you don't actively collect, or open admit (at least not very often) that you still enjoy, and it doesn't have to be strictly cartoon or toy.

Mine would be:

1. The Wuzzles
    2. Popples
    3. Awful One Hit Wonder Power Ballads (too many to list)
    4. Adult Things (you know)
    5. Thrills Gum
    6. Cory Hart (I love Cory Hart. I was meant to be 21 year old busty female being pulled up on stage at a Cory Hart concert, but instead I wound up me)
    Last edited by Sky Runner; 05-14-2014, 01:10 AM.

I'm sure I have a good many but here's the ones I remember at the moment:

1) Married With Children (F-ing LOVED that show!)
    2) That cheesy "My Pet Monster" cartoon. No I didn't have the toy.
    3) Moonlighting. This was where I first saw Bruce Willis. I've been a fan of his work ever since. Except Hudson Hawk.
    4) Garbage Pail Kids
    5) Wacky Packages stickers
    Last edited by Robarr The Morbid; 05-14-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Too many to list, but the most memorable TV:

- Grendizer cartoon/Anime.
      - Gundam.
      - Most of the WB Looney Toons.
      - All the classic Tom and Jerry.
      - Night Rider.
      - Battlestar Galactica.
      - The A-Team.
      - WWF (now WWE)
      - Lots of cheesy Anime and cartoons.
      - Magnum PI.
      - Star Trek the next generation.
      - Saved by the Bell.
      - Elf.
      - The Bill Cosby show.
      - MacGyver.
      - Full House.
      - Air Wolf.
      - Different Strokes.
      - Miami Vice.
      - Lots of world soccer.
      - NBA.
      - Chips.

And many more, I just got tired remembering...

Comment

Season 1 of Ewoks and Droids. They're not really bad as some people say. The Droids cartoon is pretty neat for the most part. Especially when the Empire shows up. The music is pure 80's gold in the Droids!!! BTW, if you wist to watch 'em, make you sure you download the episodes onlines because stuff that's on DVD's has been heavily edited with new ultra-craptastic music inserted.

Other than that... well there's an episode of Super Ted that I have on tape which I still very much enjoy. It's has a very, very creepy atmosphere for something aimed at small children:

(English original doesn't seem to be available on online so here's Croatian version)

@Mechanaizor - You're supposed to list stuff that you like which isn't very popular. :P
        “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't care too much for Droids as a kid, but I did watch Ewoks. Something about the Droids opening theme gets me tapping my feet. How did you imbed this video? I tried to embed a photo from DeviantArt, and it didn't work

• D.M.
          D.M. commented
          Editing a comment
          When you're making a post, click on A symbol and you'll get bunch of options. You'll see a film strip symbol and that's what you click for embedding.

• Robarr The Morbid
          Robarr The Morbid commented
          Editing a comment
          I dug the Droids/Ewoks cartoon too. I think I have a couple issues of the Marvel/Star comic of it kicking around my place somewhere....
          Last edited by Robarr The Morbid; 05-15-2014, 09:26 PM.

“Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          Believe it or not, when I just started playing guitar, I wanted to have such a long palm-tree 80's crazy hairstyle, but my parents would've shopped my head before my hair went beyond my shoulders!

• barrasco
          barrasco commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess your parents should've seen this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AbeALNVkk

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, that Twisted Sister trasvestite look was way out of our league, death would've been more merciful!

7. Misfits of Science!!!! Best 80s TV ever! You can watch some episodes on Youtube. This should really be my #1 guilty pleasure, or be given a thread of its own! Its 80s cheese at its best!

Last edited by Sky Runner; 05-16-2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Off the top of my head and in no particular order...

TV - Knight Rider, Air Wolf, V, Greatest American Hero, Dukes of Hazard, Tom and Jerry, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Underdog, Looney Toons, and Hanna Barbera cartoons.
          If any of these come on when I'm around, I'll gladly still watch them.

TOYS - Boglins, Garbage Pail Kids, M.U.S.C.L.E., Stompers, Matchbox Cars
          I don't collect any of them, but I've thought about it - multiple times.

MUSIC - Michael Jackson, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Huey Lewis
          Still listen to all of them from time to time and still love them!

Comment

Air Wolf
            WWF
            Moonlighting
            Magnum PI
            Chips
            Hart to Hart
            Saved by the Bell
            Mork & Mindy
            The Cosby Show

Comment

I think my biggest guilty pleasure from the '80s is the music. I'll shamelessly blast songs that other people cringe when they hear, Starship's "We Built This City" being one of them.

Comment

I love 80s Hair Metal, but I don't feel guilty!!!

My all time fav right here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4&feature=kp
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• barrasco
                  barrasco commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ratt was pretty good, but these guys were better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU3uM9_DcS0

• Robarr The Morbid
                  Robarr The Morbid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude!! I remember a time when all Metal was just Metal to me. I didn't care about sub-genres at all. I loved Ratt big time but also Motley Crue, Cinderella, Tesla and probably more.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X