The OFFICIAL New Music Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFFICIAL New Music Thread!

There's more to life than action figures, and I want to start a new positive series of topics. No TG talk here. No MOTUC talk here either. This thread is dedicated to the love of music (new music preferably), and I encourage you all to share what you're listening to. Sure we all love our 1980s big hair power ballads, or 1930s swing, but if you could, keep the albums within the past 3 years, that would be appreciated. So lets see if we can turn each other onto new music.

Personally I've always felt that my musical tastes are very eclectic, Pop, Rock, Classical, Dance, Punk, Ska, even a little country. I still haven't quite developed a true ear for hip/hop, but I can appreciate what some artists do. My tastes have slowly been expanding to more electronic, chill, and low-fi sounds, but I just can't embrace dub step... yeah... you know what that is.

So here is a list of 10 artists I'm currently following. I highly encourage any lovers of music to give them a listen and discover something new.

1. Chet Faker
    2. Broken Bells
    3. Morcheeba
    4. Bat For Lashes
    5. The Bravery
    6. La Roux
    7. The Black Keys
    8. Kongos
    9. The Loveable Rouges
    10. Captial Cities
    Last edited by Sky Runner; 06-19-2014, 06:18 AM.

Depeche Mode
    New Order/Joy Division
    Morrissey/The Smiths
    Beastie Boys
    The Killers
    Lana Del Ray
    Robyn
    Daft Punk
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
      Depeche Mode
      New Order/Joy Division
      Morrissey/The Smiths
      Beastie Boys
      The Killers
      Lana Del Ray
      Robyn
      Daft Punk
      I just shared a new Killers video I love! Awesome!

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        Great video and song!!

I don't speak this language. I only know the language of METAL!!!
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Yee-Yeah-Yahs, what Draego-Man said! BTW, for those of you who dig good Stoner Rock, check out the new Windhand album, "Soma". It's super sweeeeet!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X