CHAPPIE trailer (with He-Man cameo!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHAPPIE trailer (with He-Man cameo!)

A very cool trailer from Columbia Pictures (SONY) for the new sci-fi film CHAPPIE. The trailer features a fun He-Man reference and cameo. The film is directed by Neill Blomkamp (District 9) and stars Hugh Jackman.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Indeed nice MotU reference. ower:

Comment

Cool... BTW, his design reminds me of Briareos from Appleseed.

Comment

That looks awesome! Neill Blomkamp is one of my favourite directors. District 9 is one of the best science-fictions films I have ever seen. The nod to He-Man was great.
        “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

bring it! I am Alive, I am Consciousness, I am Chappie!
          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

So its Short Circut, but without a laser cannon or Guttenberg.

Comment

Elysium was also amazing considering that was a HOLLYWOOD film. I'd say he is the Francis Ford Copila of our time. It's a shame he passed on Star Wars. But hey, I think I now understand why! DAMN that looks awesome! Perhaps this lil clip was his way of saying he wants a crack at MOTU film? I say LET HIM. Watch all the "BEST OF" FILMation. Read ALL the mini comics. Get him a copy of the various art books and a thumb drive of all the unpublished stuff and box art scans and vintage licensing kit bios and CALL ME to write it and lets get er done already LOL

Given the "Rocky and war torn" nature of the post "Great Wars" Eternia and it's ancient secrets locked away in "a fortress of Mystery and Power" "at the border between light and dark" I think MOTU is EXACTLY the type of "big issues" theme this guy loves to make movies about. Imagine the hubris of Grayskull & the Elders being mirrored by the hubris of Skeletor and his counsel of "evil". Imagine He-Man having to make the choices knowing his father's sins or that of his ancient ancestor? What WOULD He-Man do? That's a Blomkamp protagonist in the making I tell you. Throw in natural family drama multiplied by royal pains of Shakespearean drama as a morality play appropriate for children and I think Neill Blomkamp can make MOTU as Apocalypse Now meets Macbeth for five year old kids...THEMATICALLY speaking that is. Also Secrets and lies need to be a central theme. The myths we make to protect the innocents of youth, and the secrets we keep from our parents. Teela, Adam, Adora and Orko, if real people are going to have lots of feels about the "secret of" keldor and of swords and who their parents are be that biological or mystical.
              Last edited by Shawn; 11-06-2014, 08:58 AM.
              Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X