Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spider-Man joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Man joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Marvel and Sony have officially announced a partnership that will bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

From MARVEL.COM:

Marvel's Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next instalment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Interesting!!!!!

Comment

Well, ****. Now it will all be about damned Spider-Man. Marvel was better off being forced to develop the characters they'd ignored for years.
      Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        SONY will still be producing movies that star Spider-man. With Marvel, he will be more of a co-star/team member. I don't think they will focus on him exclusively. Avengers gave us a nice balance of all their characters.

• MegaGearMax
        MegaGearMax commented
        Editing a comment
        They can still do that. Despite making Iron Man, they still made Guardians.

• Dark Angel
        Dark Angel commented
        Editing a comment
        You're all right, it's silly to think they will immediately begin to shift focus just because they snagged Spider-Man. Oh, wait, that's exactly what they are already doing, including pushing back Thor and the much-requested Captain Marvel and Black Panther films.

It will be nice to have a Spider Man film worth watching. I didn't even bother with the last two
      Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

I don't understand this. Spider-Man is already a movie. What's the big deal?
        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• PhantomZodak
          PhantomZodak commented
          Editing a comment
          before this deal, spider-man was never going to be in any of the avengers movies, but now he will be.

• Captain Atkin
          Captain Atkin commented
          Editing a comment
          Only SONY could use the character before, because they owned the rights on film. Now he can be used in any movie produced by Marvel!

This deal also allows Marvel characters to appear in Sony-produced Spider-man movies.

^ AMC movie talk about the subject...

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
          I don't understand this. Spider-Man is already a movie. What's the big deal?
          Spider-Man is now part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which are produced by Marvel Studios. The same movie universe as Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Daredevil, Alias, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Marvel Studios also has Ghost Rider, Punisher and Blade too.

Before this deal, Sony was making Spider-Man movies apart from Marvel's movies. Spider-Man couldn't team up with RDJ or Chris Evans. Now he can!

Comment

The Wall Street Journal is reporting the he’ll show up in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, which will arrive on screen May 6, 2016.

Comment

I certainly hope this means the suck-factor will be severely reduced. I'm a HUGE Spider-Man fan, but I loathe Andrew Garfield. *crosses fingers and toes*

Comment

• Robarr The Morbid
                Robarr The Morbid commented
                Editing a comment
                Nooooope! Could not stand that smarmy hairbag, Garfield. To me, the thing that made Spider-man such a great character was that he started off as a shy, quiet nerd that got picked on but then he gets super powers and some confidence whilst still being a nerd incognito. Garfield played an obnoxious turd the whole way through. Terrible, terrible choice to play Spider-man.

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Newsflash Robarr The Morbid, Spider-Man is a smarmy, wise-cracking, hairbag. Watch any of his cartoon incarnations or pick up a recent book. Raimi gave us emo Parker, a terrible Venom, and Spider-Man 3.

Andrew nailed Spidey... and he looks better onscreen than Tobey.

• Robarr The Morbid
                Robarr The Morbid commented
                Editing a comment
                Nnnnnno, I still maintain my position, Andrew still blows goats. Whaaaaat? Spider-man's a wise-cracking smart-ass??! Yeah, I kinda knew that already being a fan for about 40 years now. I've watched plenty of the shows over the years now, thanks. Spider-man 3 sucked because too many studio asshats tried to put their two cents in and maximize their profits. If they'd just stuck with Hayden Church as Sandman, it probably would've been OK. But NO, they had to introduce Venom far too soon, played badly by a poorly cast Topher Grace and then have that ridiculous love-triangle with Mary-Jane and Harry Osbourne. I think we can all agree that the sickening mister smooth dance crap was pretty cringe-inducing. Sam Raimi is himself a fan and the first two movies were spectacular IMO. If they'd kept the same momentum going that Spider-man 2 had (Alfred Molina was a killer Dr. Octopus), part 3 might not have sucked so hard. Regardless, I still liked Tobey's Spider-man far better than that ridiculous updated version. Garfield nailed NOTHING.

For sure who will play Spider-Man in next film by Sony and Marvel Studios. He will play Spider-Man in several films. Least whining and hoping will stop about when We will see Spidey in Marvel Cinematic Universe. For sure New Spider-Man film will least somehow impact many upcoming Marvel Studios film. I think Captain America 3: Civil War script will be rewritten allowing him to join this film's story.

Comment

Originally posted by Jyrki View Post
                For sure who will play Spider-Man in next film by Sony and Marvel Studios. He will play Spider-Man in several films. Least whining and hoping will stop about when We will see Spidey in Marvel Cinematic Universe. For sure New Spider-Man film will least somehow impact many upcoming Marvel Studios film. I think Captain America 3: Civil War script will be rewritten allowing him to join this film's story.
                From Variety.com:

The plan is for the character to go back to high school in the next films, Variety has learned from sources with knowledge of the studio’s plans.

A number of actors already have been mentioned as being considered for the role, including “The Maze Runner??? and “Teen Wolf’s??? Dylan O’Brien and the “Percy Jackson??? franchise’s Logan Lerman. Lerman most recently co-starred in Sony’s “Fury.???

Comment

As long as I get more of this in a Spider-Man costume, I'm sold!

And more Chris Evans...

And maybe more Chris Hemsworth.....
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sky Runner; 02-12-2015, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Parker did not go EMO until Spiderman 3. Garfield is from the twitchy, emo school of Kristen Stewart. He is shit.

I do agree with the statement that Toby is a better Parker and Garfield is better as Spiderman. I think that the first two Spidermans are outstanding, the third one is so bad it makes you forget that.

I could give a shit less about the last two with Garfield. If I never see the one with The Lizard (craptastic CGI garbage) I will be perfectly fine with that.

Venom has really grown over the past couple decades, I hope they will incorporate some of his alien ferocity and potential as an anti-hero in the future.
                    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X