The new Alien movie to ignore the last two sequels 3 and 4!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mechanizor
    Mechlord of Cyborgia
    • Dec 2013

The new Alien movie to ignore the last two sequels 3 and 4!!!

What do you think, a good idea or a bad one?... I never liked Alien 3 but I can tolerate it, and Alien Resurrection was badly executed, however I liked it visually.
  • Captain Atkin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2013

It sounds like the Director was misquoted by the press. Here is what he had to say today in the video below:
    My favorites are the first two movies, so I want to make a film that’s connected to Alien and Aliens. That’s my goal. I’m not trying to undo Alien 3 or Alien: Resurrection, I just want it to be connected to Alien 1 and 2.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Mechanizor
      Mechlord of Cyborgia
      • Dec 2013

I wonder how he's going to do that without touching the history of the last two films!... Regardless, I'm very excited since I'm a big fan of the franchise.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
        MOTUC Freedom Fighter
        • Jan 2014

Can't wait for it. Alien 3 is a different type of good - but not my favorite.

Alien 4 - well, I initially thought I wasted money seeing it at the theater, but now, I view it as a good Sci Fi movie - just not a real Alien movie.

Aliens 2 is one of my all time favorite movies. If I come across it on TV, I will watch it not matter what is going on in my life.

Hopefully he ignores that abortion of a Prometheus movie too. What a piece of shit, disjointed popcorn flick that was.

Chappy, coming out next month, will be a good barometer of how I will view the next Alien movie.
        “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
        Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Jyrki
          Finnish MotU and PoP Fan
          • Dec 2013

Sounds very interesting. Maybe We will see Hicks still alive and fighting with Ripley.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
            Captain Atkin commented
            Editing a comment
            Judging by the cool artwork the Director has posted, it sounds like the plan is to bring Hicks back.
        • Robarr The Morbid
          Heroic Warrior
          • Apr 2014

Personally, I hated Alien:Resurrection (Alien 4). I thought it was a ridiculous PC pile of feces. Seriously, That wheelchair guy should've been melted by molecular acid at least a couple of times, but miraculously survived. PFFFFT!!! I kinda liked Alien 3. Good actors, decent writing. There is where it should've ended though. Don't even talk to me about those Alien Vs.Predator movies. I know a lot of people loved the idea, I absolutely hated the idea of mixing the two franchises. I always thought the creatures in "Alien" were vastly superior to those of "Predator". As for "Prometheus", I liked it, I just would've made the "Engineers" more frightening looking, using more of the H.R. Giger designed stuff. Those things looked too human for my liking.

Comment

• Twd
            • Aug 2015

Unfortunately

the Predator preys on the xenophobe the alien is no match for the predator toe to toe. That being said the alien posses quantity over quality in its attacks being a insect type animal it attacks on mass never really on its own unless it's somehow separate from the hive (The alien movie) this can been seen in predator 2 in the space ship scene there is a xenophobe trophy on the wall. The great thing about the crossover is that the predator uses tactics technology and sheer power to apply its trade in a human like capacity. But the alien in a indiscriminate killing machine with only instincts for the survival of the hive and queen. On paper it's an amazing concept and a deep one but in film its total bs the film was poor I agree earth shouldn't have featured at all.

I still play the alien vs predator pc game so may be a bit bias.

But back on topic! More alien films the better I say I just love the dirty space junk world in first 2 films hope they keep that atmosphere

Comment

• Captain Atkin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2013

We never see time travel in the alien films, but that is one way they could reset the series. If Earth ends up baing taken over by aliens in the future (after Alien 4), it could be a logical way to go.

The other option is that Alien 3 and 4 were a hypersleep dream that Ripley was having... although that may feel a bit like "Dallas".

If Ripley is the clone we saw in part 4 (Ripley8), it will be strange how they expalin Hicks being still alive (100 years after he died in Alien3).
              "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X