Leonard Nimoy (1931 - 2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Nimoy (1931 - 2015)

Leonard Nimoy passed away today at the age of 83. Nimoy was best known for his iconic role as the half-human/half-vulcan science officer, Mr. Spock, from the hit TV show and film series Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry, the creator of the Star Trek series, called Leonard Nimoy “the conscience of ‘Star Trek’. In addition to acting, Leonard was an accomplished film director, who directed several successful Hollywood features (Star Trek III and IV, Three Men and a Baby). An accomplished voice actor, Leonard Nimoy also voiced many popular animated characters, including Galvatron in the animated Transformers film. Leonard was also known for his poetry, and for his award-winning photography.

Click image for larger version

Name:	leonard-nimoy-1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	37441

Name:	wok-full-cast.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	37444

Name:	nimoyAB.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	37443

Name:	Nimoy Galvatron.jpg
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	37442

Name:	Nimoy.jpg
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	37445

You can read Leonard Nimoy's obituary at the NY Times by clicking HERE

Godspeed, Mr. Nimoy. Live long and prosper.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Good journey.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Very sad news. The man was a living legend. He made Star Trek what it was.
      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Wow, now that's a big shaker to the Sci-Fi world. Live long prosper in the next life Nimoy.

Comment

When I heard he went to the hospital a couple days ago, I had a feeling it might be his time.

Take a look at that Star Trek II pic and tell me that you thought that Spock and Sulu would be the most relevant and well-rounded media savvy peeps (that made it to 2015). Not including Kirk - because that dude never went away and has always been with us - but Spock and Sulu participated and excelled in so many many other mediums.
          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy.
            I remember his role as Dr. Barry Mayfield in Columbo, since I don't really have connection for his work in Star Trek series.

Comment

One of the most iconic actors of this or any other generation. Along with Gene Roddenberry, I think he's one of the few that you could say was Star Trek. May his legend live long an prosper.

Comment

Sad day it was. A True Icon in Entertainment and a voice for equalities in other fields. I urge anyone if not familiar, check out his photography which was very topical and thought engaging! On another note I heard the great people who attended the Long Beach Comic Con had a moment of unified silence with the Vulcan salute.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X