Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supergirl - First Look

UPDATE: Official Trailer!

The first photo of star Melissa Benoist as “Supergirl??? is online now! This is the costume that will be worn in the upcoming Supergirl television show on CBS.
    The costume was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for “The Flash??? and “Arrow??? on the CW.

Click image for larger version

Name:	supergirl-first-look-image-headshot 4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	37762

Name:	supergirl-first-look-image-full-body.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	37763
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

She looks great! Glad they went with a more traditional Supergirl look. I hope they find a way to tie her series in with Arrow and The Flash.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Surprisingly faithful. Only flaw is that colours are muted.
      “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Hard to get a real sense of the colors in this photo. Will be interesting to see how the costume looks on the show. I do like the look of it overall. I would say it is fairly faithful, and also classy.
        “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
          Hard to get a real sense of the colors in this photo.
          'Cept it ain't.
          “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Black Zodac
            Black Zodac commented
            Editing a comment
            'Cept it is. Much of her costume is in shadow in that picture. I would like to see the costume in natural lighting. Nevertheless, I think she looks great.

Colors are fine as when matched up against the others such as Arrow and The Flash, she would stand out when they actually crossover. I do think I need to see more angles of her cause here she seems pretty aged and not the late teen / possible early 20's Supergirl I thought they may have went with. BUT let's see how the pilot goes before any real harsh opinions begin.

Comment

Not a big fan of the costume here.
            The mini skirt over pantyhose/tights seems a bit too much IMO, plus the colors are muted more than I like in these pictures.
            Last edited by Mechanizor; 03-11-2015, 12:57 AM.

Comment

It's a passable costume, but I'm also not a fan of the color-muting. What do these Hollywood types have against bright colors? I also wonder why so many superhero costumes are made of that mesh material.

Comment

Probably this mesh material suppose to represent the nano technology that is virtually indestructible?!

Comment

• Robarr The Morbid
                  Robarr The Morbid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I guess. It just seems to be the go-to material these days. I've seen a good many superhero garb made of that stuff. I suppose it IS more durable than flimsy spandex, though.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 6.39.37 PM.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	40092

Supergirl: official trailer.

Comment

Cool trailer, better than I expected!

Comment

Well, I guess Wonder Woman is the only one left standing when it comes to strong women as super heroes. This looks worse than Smallville.
                    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by GREP-A-TOR View Post
                      Well, I guess Wonder Woman is the only one left standing when it comes to strong women as super heroes. This looks worse than Smallville.
                      I think they're still trying to appeal to the younger audience like Tweens/Teenagers (and maybe the air headed early twenties guys/gals) instead of the older geeks like us! That's TV for you these days...

Comment

Almost as hilarious as the SNL Black Widow parody trailer!

...wait, what do you mean this is a real trailer...?
                        Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Alternate cut of the trailer, with focus on the action scenes:

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                            GREP-A-TOR commented
                            Editing a comment
                            look how much better she looks without the filter dulling the colors. Now that I have seen what Nolan and his successors have done to make film grittier, I am not a fan.

Originally posted by GREP-A-TOR View Post
                          At least Supergirl has her powers and is in the costume from the start. Smallville was afraid to be full-on Superman, with it's "no tights, no flights rule".

I think nothing was worse than that.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                            Captain Atkin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well.... the thing with Smallville is that he was in high school when the series started. They could have had him in a costume as Superboy, but I wouldn't have liked that. I think the mistake Smallville made was that they didn't put him in the Superman costume when he moved to Metropolis and started working at the Daily Planet. At the very least, they should have had him in costume in the last episode, but all we really saw was him opening his shirt and showing the S.

There has been talk that Tom Welling may appear in an episode of The Flash in season 2 as Superman, so we may end up seeing him in costume.

I watched the first episode. Well, it is as bad as the trailer.

After watching the first season of THE FLASH and DAREDEVIL, the bar has been raised. This does not even measure up to Green Arrow.

The wire work was pedestrian in her big boss battle scene. They tried to combine S.H.I.E.L.D. and the weekly villain rotation of THE FLASH. There is nothing original or fresh about this show. It does not exceed or even meet the standard for special effects or fight choreography.

This does not even measure up to Smallville IMO, I just don't give a shit about any of the supporting cast.
                          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X