Mattel has ThunderCats License!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattel has ThunderCats License!

Exciting news coming from SDCC tonight. Mattel has the license to make ThunderCats action figures! The figures are the same scale as Masters of the Universe Classics, and they are based on their classic cartoon series.

UPDATE: ToyNewsi is reporting that Lion-O and Vulture figures have already been spotted!
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

hm.

Interesting.

Well, at least Chief Carnivus can have company over.

Comment

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I have wanted ThunderCats done in the MOTUC style forever. I really hope the Four Horsemen are designing them!

:liono::hemanrocks:
      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Really great news. I've wanted Mattel to get the license forever. I really hope they are made in the same style as MOTUC.
        “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Great news! I've been waiting to get good Thundercat figures since the 80's!!!!!!!

Comment

Now I'm intrigued! I never had the chance to get into this theme, and I hate giving Mattel more of my money, but at least I wanna see what they're coming up with...

Comment

Great news on the license but I love how all comments are just people complaining about Matty and how ghostbusters and motu are handled. Hmm seems people are learning

Comment

• rothsauce
                rothsauce commented
                Editing a comment
                Matty treats GB figures like garbage, and a good chunk of their merc has durability issues... plus the fact they seem do disregard Winston more than half the time - which is a giant load of crap. NECA made some of the best GB figures to date, Matty is a joke in comparison.

Pics or it didn't happen.
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by deano_ue View Post
                Great news on the license but I love how all comments are just people complaining about Matty and how ghostbusters and motu are handled. Hmm seems people are learning
                No more Toyguru though. Things should be way better now than they were.

Comment

• Andy
                  Andy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  TG left the building but Digital Blunder and their oh so great customer service still remains.

Lion-O and Jackalman!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	lion-o.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	41217

Name:	Jackalman.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	41218

Name:	Lion-o buck.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	41219

Name:	Thundercats packaging.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	41245
                Last edited by RoboSteveo; 07-10-2015, 08:48 PM.
                “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Are they reuse of MOTUC parts? IF so, I'm in!
                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Nemisythe
                    Nemisythe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They appear to have some, this is gonna be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Yeah!
                  This is some good news! Finally the T-Cats will get a worthy opportunity at a relaunch and to coincide with MOTU..... BOOYAH!!!
                  Same scale, definitely looks like a reuse of parts and following the sub model with a Mummy Mumm-Ra Sub Exclusive.... COUNT ME IN!

Plus this makes some great fan fiction ideas for me so Carnivus and the whole idea of a humanoid Battlecat Man a little more interesting!!!

On another note: HOT DAMN my wallet, well I might as well just give Mattel a credit card and tell them to keep it for the 2016 year!

Comment

omg omg omg!!!! yes yes!!!
                    http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

They look great! Will be awesome to have ThunderCats figures in the same scale as MOTUC!

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Regarding the change in the Lion-o ,

I wish it would have been left alone,
                        When you compear the two the old one just looks way better, as a sculptor myself I was looking at the new head thinking why does it look wrong to me ,.. I came to the conclusion we should just let the Horse men do what they do best ,

The first head although not totally cartoon accurate had a more thick meaty sculpt, which matched the thick rounded sculpt of the motuc body , Eric I think was unconsciously compensating for this in his sculpt, and to me fit the body perfectly ,

The new head to me looks like a dcu superman head , kind of small and smooth looking , not looking altogether right on the body , the hair works ok either way ,

The paint ,..... Man,.. the animation cell IS the colour of the first paint job!!!, the second paint job, (the washed out one,) is the colour of the tv image ,....

Let's have the real colour,.. Not the colour of nostalgia

As we all know, when things were animated back in the day, they were simplified , why have a lesser paint job because of limitations of the past ,

At the very least let's have the silver back

Comment

I was never all that big on Thundercats. I always thought they were a second rate attempt at cashing in on MOTU's success. However, if the new figures look really cool as what I've seen here, I just might grab some.

Comment

I agree. I think they ruined Lion-O. He looked perfect before, and now he looks like a watered down version of himself. I'm considering not-subing as a result.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X