Rant about MOTU in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant about MOTU in general

I have been a long time MOTU fan since I was a kid back in the 80's. I noticed as time goes especially these days that many old toys are coming back in big way such as TMNT, Ghostbusters,Transformers, Star Wars etc. Each of them getting movies, toylines and cartoon series. Sword and sorcery stuff is still getting strong plus all the super hero stuff from Marvel and DC. Warcraft is getting its movie next year and a general retail toyline. Now we come to MOTU. While MOTUC is alive and well and certain other MOTU related products on the movie front things look pretty dead. I think its a big mistake not to make a MOTU movie while there is still strong interest. New movie could give birth to a new toy line for general retail and introducing it to the new generations. I would like to see for example a MOTU lego game along the lines of lego batman and lego marvel super heroes were we could unlock all the motu characters in lego form. Brand new toy line based on classic look. Cartoon series which would include majority of characters. Why stop there could also make a TV series about early days of Eternia. So much potential still left in MOTU but none of it is being tackled.

Patience is a virtue. Right now we have a documentary (Toy Masters) that will be screening in a few North American theatres in 2016, and then will released on DVD and other multi-media platforms. We also have the new He-Man documentary from Canada being made (The Definitive History of He-Man) that will be released in the near future. We know a feature film is in the works, and will be on screens in the near future too. That will no doubt lead to a retail toy line. I think we are going to be seeing more and more in the next few years.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Pinch
      Pinch commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. We are on the brink of the MOTU gates opening up for everyone. I'm all for seeing MOTU movies,toys,cartoons ect.....really so my kids can get more involved and be part of the new beginning of MOTU.

Originally posted by Stevan View Post
    I would like to see for example a MOTU lego game along the lines of lego batman and lego marvel super heroes were we could unlock all the motu characters in lego form. Brand new toy line based on classic look. Cartoon series which would include majority of characters.
    I'm afraid that won't happen since Mattel owns MegaBloks now (the cloned bricks brand), I just cannot see LEGO and Mattel working together anytime soon on any property that is under Mattel's hook. LEGO vs Megabloks is like Pepsi vs Coca-Cola!

However, I agree with you on the rest of your rant, Mattel needs to pick this opportunity very soon to relaunch the MOTU brands while things are hot in the fantasy world!

Comment

There is He-Man movie news! Mike O'Hearn has apparently been cast!!! http://moviepilot.com/posts/3635976
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        That is total BS. He has not been cast as He-Man. He is working out and improving his physique in the "hope" of getting an audition.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an audition now due to all the press he has received the week, but the odds of him playing He-Man are pretty slim.

• Pinch
        Pinch commented
        Editing a comment
        They haven't even hired a director or at least not announced that yet. There should be some involvement with the main hitters being hired for the MOTU movie.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X