Darkseid war and DC universe rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkseid war and DC universe rebirth

Please allow me to preface by saying first that I am a marvel fan over DC, have been for twenty years now but....IMO the new Marvel civil war II doesn't hold a candle to DC's rebirth.

For those that don't know on the DC front, in darkseid wars (preface to rebirth) he had a daughter named Grail who was born amazon and on the same night as wonder woman. Basically Grail uses the anti-monitor to kill Darkseid.

Most of the Justice League get involved to try to stop it and some of them become gods in the process temporarily.

The god thing didn't last long and actually ended right before rebirth.

In rebirth, Wally West shows up out of the time stream for the first time since the new 52 reboot and no one really remembers him. Wally was about to vanish for good then for brief moment Barry Allen hears him then reaches out to him and saves Wally's existence. Wally then tells him that 10yrs have been stolen from everyone's lives and that there's a greater undiscovered threat looming out there somewhere as the cause.
    “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

glad you like rebirth special. I didn't. didn't need 80 pages to bring back white wally.

I'm obscenely behind on my reading so I can't comment on the darkseid war.

Comment

I agree that white Wally could've been done in less than 80 pages, but they did sell comic books because rebirth is already on its third print. Can't really fault DC for that but I am a little more upset that the setup for Godspeed is taking 2 issues.

The Green Lanterns rebirth is ok considering there are 2 new lanterns introduced.

I haven't read Green Arrow yet but that's the one that keeps getting the most praise from what I've seen online .

I am totally onboard pre-52 Superman taking new 52 Superman's place because he's losing his powers.

I can't wait for Super-sons #1 and Red Hood & the Outlaws #1

I'm also loving the new bat team in detective comics...Batman, Batwoman, Red Robin, Clayface, Spoiler, and Orphan.

Last edited by Andy; 07-08-2016, 08:01 PM.
      “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X