The Official Transformers Masterpiece Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Transformers Masterpiece Thread

Ever since I saw the original Transformers "More than meets the eye" 3 part mini-series, I've been a big Transformers fan. While I'm not a Geewunner (I like Beast Wars, Animated and Prime too), I really like the G1 characters from 1984 to 1985 because of the setting and the characters personalites. I also love the idea that the G1 characters had superpowers and all of these unique gadgets hidden away in their forearms.

The Masterpiece TFs are pretty expensive, but fortunately there aren't many releases a year. If you know they are coming, one can save up for them.

Whheljack, Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus are coming out this year. Red Alert comes back out in the fall.

Let the Masterpiece discussion BEGIN!

Wow… this look like the stepped right out of the cartoon!
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• MegaGearMax
      MegaGearMax commented
      Editing a comment
      I know right? And they transform and have all types of attachments and accessories. Prime has his energy axe, the matrix, his trailer, Roller AND a Spike mini-figure. Starscream comes with his coronation crown and cape. Soundwave has his energon cube, an alternate chest screen and a Megatron gun.

This is like MOTUC, but for Transformers!

How have they not made the rest of the DINOBOTS????? Grimlok is great. I actually saw some guy on one of the 4-5 transformer forums I was active in make a Masterpiece Swoop that was just incredible, I think they were going for at least $400-500 each at least, my offer for one of $200 was not even replied to. He said he only made like 7.

I think he was also making Snarl that was massive - as big if not bigger than Grimlok.

Why have they not made these?

I really dig the new Wheeljack.
    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I guess all of the 1984-1985 cars will take precedence. We might see a Dinobot sprinkled in here or there. I'm tired of waiting for them in Generations. They'll probably be out of scale anyway, particularly Sludge IF they get to Sludge.

I'd love to get a Skywarp using the MP-11 mold. Heck, a show accurate Thundercracker too.

I really can't wait for Bumblebee. It'll break up all of those red and white Autobots on the shelf. Besides, I'm really curious about his scale and look, since he's supposed to be the smallest Autobot.

My biggest want is a Megatron that's MP-10 sized. Nice and thick. Show-accurate, without those thin legs.

Comment

Cool... but I just can't afford these.

Comment

• D.M.
          D.M. commented
          Editing a comment
          Seek KO's for car ones. They're 99% identical and MUCH cheaper. Free shipment too.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I love some of the Masterpiece scaled third party toys and think some of them fit in seamlessly with the official releases.

I've got FansToys Quakewave (Shockwave) and Scoria (dinobot Snarl) and I love them. As long as you buy the appropriate sized Decepticon & Autobot logos, they look just as good as the official figures.

Anyone else here supplement their Masterpiece collection with a few third party toys?

Comment

Any of you guys check out the Xtransbots Masterpiece scaled Megatron?
            I've read some concerns about Xtransbots QC, but the figure looks so good I immediately preordered. But I preordered at BBTS, so I can cancel without penalties if initial reviews show the QC to be shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
              Any of you guys check out the Xtransbots Masterpiece scaled Megatron?
              I've read some concerns about Xtransbots QC, but the figure looks so good I immediately preordered. But I preordered at BBTS, so I can cancel without penalties if initial reviews show the QC to be shit.
              It looks pretty cool, the face is on point, and the legs are looking a lot better than the other one.
              “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I love this line though I only have MP-10 Optimus right now. I just wish MOTUC was as good as these figures, relatively speaking of course.

I had MP-08 Grimlock though I decided to sell him since I'm going to get the FanToys Dinobots collection, which are out of scale with the earlier MP figures but totally in scale with everything after MP-10.

Would love to see them release Tracks which was my favorite as a kid.
                “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Damn you for reminding me that these things exist! As far as scale goes, I've noticed that these FanToys bots are much larger than the MP shown. Aren't the Dinobots supposed to be huge?
                  Last edited by Sky Runner; 01-18-2015, 10:24 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2a62nbq.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	35167
                I decided to give this thread a bump as per my mission to find positive, engaging topics in this forum. I'm absolutely in love with TF Masterpiece. They are fantastic pieces and easily the best renditions of cartoon accurate/vintage/ awesomeness while still maintaining great complex action play.

Sadly, due to space and the price point of these little beauties, I've decided not to pick up any. If I could ever get my hands on an affordable few, I might grab Soundwave, Grimlock, Thundercracker and Prowl (some of my fav bots), but for now I'm just an enthusiastic appreciator of this line.

I've seen some of the third party Transformers, and Hasbro could take some pointers from these guys. They really know their stuff, and they seem to pump out fan demanded pieces at a much faster pace... though at quite the price point. At $200 a pop, I'd have to do a few back alley
                favor exchanges to keep my home and own these for display. The third party Devastator and Predaking are nothing short of works of art.

Hasbro did recently surprise me with their reissue Pirahnnacon. I only ever had 1 of those bots as a kid, and I'm seriously wrestling with popping onto BBTS and placing an order. Hasbro knows toys and their fan base.
                Last edited by Sky Runner; 01-18-2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Not sure if it's in your price range, but you could try one of the knock off MP Prowls that appear on eBay.
                  ​ Since I've been buying or at least pre-ordering quite a few third party TF's, I've had to find ways to save some $$. so I've been scooping up the MP car knock offs instead of the real thing & they've been of excellent quality to date. My MP Wheeljack is the genuine article, and the quality of the knock offs are identical to him. The knock offs I own based off of the Datsun mold are flawless IMO, and the only flaw with my KO Sideswipe is they spelled 'Countach' wrong, without the 'u',, but at half the price of the genuine article, I can overlook that considering how often he's in robot mode anyways.
                  $35 to $40 shipped U.S. off of eBay could get you a knock off MP Autobot..... of course, that was a much better deal before our Canadian dollar went into the crapper.

I just recently got a Fans Toys Soar. I'm absolutely loving these Iron Dibots. I already have Fans Toys Scoria to go with Soar, so even though I really like the look of that Gigapower Guttur you posted, I've already got my pre-order in for Fans Toys version of Snarl (called Sever), plus the OCD in me would prefer to stay with the same aesthetics and not mix and match my MP scaled Dinobots.

Comment

Weeeeel, laddies...I have a few of these, myself.

Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

It is possible - just possible - that you all might be able to determine who my favorite is...

Comment

Little more...old camera, terrible quality...

Comment

Haven't got a clue.........

I'd love to get that Ultra Magnus you have, but with the amount of $$ I've spent on third party stuff (and Fans Toys stuff in particular) I'm trying my best to wait it out and hope there's a North American Hasbro release that I can buy at retail. Right now UM would run me well over $250 CDN shipped, especially if I were to get dinged with Customs charges too.

Comment

Tell me about it! I've spent way too much on TFs this past couple months. I fell out of the game for over a year and had to play catch up. Culminated in buying MakeToys Green Giant last month, which I really shouldn't have but OMFG he's so cool. So, yeah, December and January kicked my ass...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X