Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Joe Classified line

Anyone collecting this line?

I’m trying to, but distribution is so shitty it’s as if Mattel is in charge of this line. The Cobra Island figures have been a disaster. Never seen any of them in store or online. Luckily I’ve been able to see most regular release figures at least once at Walmart, which has let me purchase Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Duke, Destro, Cobra Commander, Gung Ho, Zartan, and a Cobra trooper. Sucks for me that Beach Head (one of my favourite Joes) and Firefly (my favourite Cobra) were exclusives. And as far as I’m concerned, a Joe collection is incomplete without a Baroness. Wish this line was easier to find. Even though MOTU will always be my favourite action figure line, GI Joe was my favourite after school cartoon so I was pretty stoked to finally see 6 inch figures. Too bad a good chunk of these I’ve only seen pictures of online....

I am trying to collect. Have never seen anything at retail save for Roadblock and Duke. Have gotten a few via BBTS and Hasbro Pulse, and paid Ebay tax for the Baroness and Beach Head. The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I am not really enjoying the line at all as consequence.
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Good luck to both of you collecting this line or any other lines.

I'm still having a hard even collecting the Origins/MOTU lines without overpaying, let alone the other toy lines (LEGO is also a nightmare to collect due to their premium prices)... Sometimes I keep asking myself, why I'm doing this especially when my current lack of space doesn't even allow me to enjoy them!... Sometimes, I feel I'm better off just collecting guitars and effect boxes.
      Last edited by Mechanizor; 04-09-2021, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Man, the toy gods really don’t want me to go all in on this line....

Another one of my childhood favourites, Major Bludd, is a dreaded Cobra Island exclusive. So no chance in hell of me getting one here in Canada. The CI exclusives sell out instantly at Toys R Us up here, and even if they do go online, I’ve only ever seen like three people say they got an order in before being listed as out of stock on TRU’s website.

.....And I thought tracking down Origins figures was aggravating.....

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
          Man, the toy gods really don’t want me to go all in on this line....

Another one of my childhood favourites, Major Bludd, is a dreaded Cobra Island exclusive. So no chance in hell of me getting one here in Canada. The CI exclusives sell out instantly at Toys R Us up here, and even if they do go online, I’ve only ever seen like three people say they got an order in before being listed as out of stock on TRU’s website.

.....And I thought tracking down Origins figures was aggravating.....
          Sadly, eBay might be the only way to get these exclusives if you're wiling to pay the crazy prices.

Look up the MOTUO flocked Panthor and the Rise of Evil units and see how much they're going for!... Scalpers are cleaning up all the supplies at this moment!

Comment

The figures look pretty good. I haven't collected GI Joe in years, but I'm very tempted to get some of these figures.
            “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X