What do you collect besides MotU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you collect besides MotU?

I collect GameCubes and GameCube games. I also collect pretty much anything Spider-Gwen...and I guess 80's Mainstream VHS Movies..sorta!

My wife used to collect care bears but then we had Grandchildren and they pretty much inherited them.

So what you folks collect besides MotU?
    Fell free to share pictures!!
    “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

I also collect Marvel Legends, only focusing on Incredible Hulk related characters, Fantastic Four characters, Spider-man characters,Daredevil characters, and Wolverine related characters.
    I’m collecting the Thundercats Classics figures…. whenever they eventually show up.
    I’m collecting the GI Joe Classified figures, but only selectively. Just sticking with figures I remember liking from the cartoon.
    I also have one full shelf of the Toy Biz LCBH figures, but that’s because the Walmart in town clearanced both waves for $3 a figure back in the day. I’m only missing the variant clear Judge Death.
    I don’t have room for them, but the McFarlane Batman 66 figures, Batmobile, and Batcave were too cheap here to pass up, so I have those too. But they don’t even have a shelf to display… they’re on the floor in my office/collection room.

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! Thanks for replying! I got those Legendary Comic Book Heroes too when they clearanced! They were actually sweet for what they were except my deadman just crumbled on his own. I still have the BAF Pitt figure half customized into the Demon from Ordeal of Man E Faces somewhere currently in storage.

Hmm, LEGO and lots of it, but then again I should sell a lot of it as well.

Guitars and pedals, but I've stopped due to the chaotic nature of my life, but I'd resume one day when I have the chance especially if I get a better source of income and sizable place.

Statues; specifically MOTU and Superman. but if I had more space, I'd definitely be in real trouble!

I've just started with Cosmic Legions, and I don't know where I'm gonna end up at. It's going to take at least 1.5 years to see the first wave in hand.

Some die cast cars, art books, modeling robot magazines and books, and graphic novels/comics, architecture mags and books but I've stopped when I ran out of space.

If money isn't an issue, probably metal Tees of my favorites bands, soccer Tees and memorabilia of my favorite athletes, more toys (Transformers), Porches, watches, and definitely helping more people.
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 10-16-2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      One thing a friend taught me about lego is to always buy two. Wait until they discontinue then sell one to pay for them both. He explained that there's always new lego fans and they will pay through the nose to complete a series or set and they don't care who they have to compete with to get it, which drives price of the sets up. So far he's been right on the money.

BTW did you see the new Venom and Carnage lego head busts? The Carnage looks really cool IMO!

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      LEGO sets in general appreciate more than double their MSRP and sometimes a lot more after they go out of production, but sometimes it takes years to make a generous profit depending on the theme and the type of set and how the demand is vs availability... However when you have $450 MSRP set and you wanna buy a multi of, you have to have the money ready even if that set is discounted 20% off or more, and just imagine how much money you need to have ready sitting and waiting when there are multiple sets from different themes going for $200-$800 each in a single year!... Also when the seller competition is high, it's not that easy to flip such high cost sets. You really need to rely on customers with big pockets and a lot of disposable income!

Yeah, I usually follow most released sets. The busts and helmets are a new cool and experimental concept for LEGO, and I think they'll do well in movie years and whatnot.

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome insight! Thank you for talking toys with me! 😎👍

I do collect or collected in past :
    - Terminator related collectibles
    - Movies & TV-series on DVDs & Blu-Rays
    - 1/6 character collectibles from companies like Hot Toys & Sideshow
    - Finnish computer and gaming magazines (Pelaaja, Pelit & MikroBitti)
    - Manga series
    - Movie posters
    - Books

- Selected TMNT figures

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for posting Jyrki! As far as the movies that you collect...is there any ryme, reason, or method to your collecting?

I guess what I'm asking is do you collect certain genres, certain actors, eras, film types, or even condition and edition? Also have you considered grading any?

• Jyrki
      Jyrki commented
      Editing a comment
      For my movie collecting. I rather collect based some actors films...example almost complete all Arnold S. films and some various directors well as other actors. Also there is some films what are important or very interesting for me got added to my collection Less than 20 DVDs I have bought as used during my film collecting. My small collection so far has about over 400 Blu-ray titles and over 1900 DVDs so far.

I forgot to mention I collect the DCD Superman/Batman figures based off Ed McGuinness’ artwork. I’m a huge fan of his art style. I love the big beefy cartoonish proportions, his work reminds me of the vintage MOTU toys. I remember at the time wishing that the 200X figures weren’t so lean and had proportions more like those particular DCD figures. The only figure I’m still missing is Captain Atom.

I also have a TMNT shelf. I bought the KO versions of the first NECA turtles, both the ones with all red masks and the individually coloured masks. Then I have the SDCC April in the blue outfit, the SDCC box set of Mirage Shredder and Foot clan ninjas. I also have the NECA Casey Jones. But to supplement my NECA figures I was actually able to find the Playmates Rocksteady & Beebop at retail, plus I bought 4 packages of Mousers from the 2012 line. I also bought 3 Squirrelenoids because I loved that episode’s homage to Alien. I really want a Krang preferably with the android armour/suit, but he’s expensive.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X