TMNT Classics 1990 Movie Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMNT Classics 1990 Movie Figures

Playmates has released official images for their upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics 1990 movie figures. Here are pictures of Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello!

Hopefully that other "Classics" toy line will get inspired by these movie figures, and produce some more of their own.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

those are nice looking.

Comment

...These are nice, but we NEED Movie Shredder, Super-Shredder, Tokka, Rhazar, Foot Soldier, Splinter, & Casey Jones!!!

Comment

They look very good from that picture.

Comment

They look good, however, I expected a more muted paint app, with freckles, skin imperfections, and smaller details to help separate them a bit more from the other 'classics' line.

Comment

Yeah, that would have been so much better, and what I was hoping for too Sky Runner

Comment

I don't like the TMNT Classics line. The plastic is very "shiny" and I don't understand the overkill in articulation. My opinion is that it works agains the sculpt and in some cases functionality (ie: the figure articulation is bad for weapon gripping). Also the scale is not to my liking, since the turtles are almost the same size as Rocksteady and Bebop.

I know the vintage Movie Star figures were not accurate to the movies, but to me they are the best representation of the brothers.

Attached Files
              Last edited by barrasco; 05-10-2014, 01:55 PM.
              “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• D.M.
                D.M. commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldn't say there's an overkill in articulation as what they did enables people to pose them in various ninja stunts.
                One thing I don't like about the line is how poorly Rocksteady and Beebop were handled. First off, as you've said, they're almost the same size as the turtles. Second, they're waaaaaaaaay off-model, quite deformed which is a major disappointment considering how accurate cartoon TMNT figures ended up looking,

Hope they re-visit Beebop and Rocksteady once day and that they don't screw up the rest.

Originally posted by barrasco View Post
              I don't like the TMNT Classics line. The plastic is very "shiny" and I don't understand the overkill in articulation. My opinion is that it works agains the sculpt and in some cases functionality (ie: the figure articulation is bad for weapon gripping). Also the scale is not to my liking, since the turtles are almost the same size as Rocksteady and Bebop.

I know the vintage Movie Star figures were not accurate to the movies, but to me they are the best representation of the brothers.

Yeah the same thing applied to Marvel Legends. They went from beautiful sculpts with 8-10 points of articulation, which eventually turned into to average sculpts hampered by 20-40 points. 1 were masterpieces, then it was a slow death from there. I get that some people like posing figures, but what's the appeal of something that collapses under its own weight?

Comment

• D.M.
                D.M. commented
                Editing a comment
                "but what's the appeal of something that collapses under its own weight?"

That's what the stands are for. :P

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X