Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The early He-Men - Filmation style

For starters, here are Torak, Vikor and Vykron:
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

And now, early viking like He-Man, clay sculpt prototype He-Man and... H.E.M.A.N... the American soldier:
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
      Battle Ram Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I really love He-Man with a helmet for some reason. Great work on all these

Cool stuff DM... However Torak and He-Man 81 look displeased with their outcome for not being chosen for the He-Man part.

Comment

Neat D.M.

Would you mind please telling us a bit about the H.E.M.A.N. drawing?

Is the concept in the P&H catalogue? I tried googling about it without any luck, I'm interested to read about it's history.

Comment

• D.M.
        D.M. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is featured in the catalog.
        Story around it is kinda unbelievable, but here it goes... prior to NA, Mattel considered reimagining He-Man as an American soldier and the name was turned into an acronym that stands for High Energy Military Attack Nucleus. The idea is so ridiculously bad that they had H.E.M.A.N ride a grizzly bear.

Fortunately, someone with enough sense decided to not go that route and we got what eventually became NA.

• Croc-O-Bite!
        Croc-O-Bite! commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man.

And now more of the He-Man as an American soldier idea.

Next: Early NA He-Man with some early villain ideas.

Comment

Wow, they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas!
        Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

And now - designs based on earliest concepts for what eventually became New Adventures of He-Man.

There will be one more sheet aaaaand maybe even Battlecat (though it ain't Cringer ).

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
            Battle Ram Man commented
            Editing a comment
            These actually aren't that bad. I like them better than what became NA

Nice work. Now where's He-Ro? (Eldor you don't need to do; he's practically a stock Filmation character already. Look at "Curse of the Spellstone" or numerous other episodes. )

Comment

• D.M.
            D.M. commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I'll Filmationize them along with 90's He-Ro characters.

Very cool work DM, you've really captured the early 80's vibe with these designs quit nicely.

Comment

Heroic (presumably, that is) Positron and the evil Eyeyir.

Comment

And now... BATTLE CAT:

Apparently Mattel toyed with an idea of replacing the original Battle Cat with a robot.
              Anyway, this concludes the early NA. Next - He-Ro.

Comment

Woah, that's crazy. Kind of Voltron-esque. I like this much better than how NA He-Man actually turned out.
                Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Beautiful stuff DM, and that robotic Battle-Cat is simply awesome.

Comment

Awesome stuff. Would love to see some of the NA characters done in this style.
                    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

These are incredible! I love the robot Battle-Cat!
                      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

just now seeing.

That battle cat is kick A

I'm sorry but karate he-man and he-manitarian make me snicker.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X