Masters of the Universe Audioplay Comic Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters of the Universe Audioplay Comic Project

Hello and welcome to my crowdfunding Comic book project.

My name is Karsten and if you already know about this project, than i am sorry, if you don't i hope you will join the project.

I will spare you the really long story of how it came to be, and give you quickly the facts.

The most important fact is, this is a PRINT project, the story will not be posted online. And yes, i have the okay to print it from Mattel, as long as i don't print thousands of them and make a huge profit. Sadly they couldn't tell me how much a licence would cost, but as long as this here is possible and a few Masters Fan like it, it is okay.

Also very important, only those who pre-order will get a book, afterwards there will only be a few leftovers, so if you want to wait until it is finished and printed, you might not get one. Pre-Orders costs nothing, but you should be sure that you have the money ready to go by the end of June. Prefered is paypal, but moneytransfer via bank is possible too.

THE DEADLINE FOR PRE-ORDERS IS JUNE 15th.

The comic is about an audioplay from germany back from the eighties, when the story wasn't that fleshed out and the masters lived inside Castle Grayskull.
    The Comic is drawn, inked, colored and texted by me, only help i had was for the english translation, so that the sentences "sound" better.
    It will have 82 pages of story, probably a bit much, but it functions as a read a long in german, every dialog is in there, so lots of panels had to be drawn.
    The Comic itself will have 100 pages, if enough people come together. Lots of extras stuff, behind the scenes and a galery is in there.
    The format is supposed to be in the US Comic Format, a tradepaperback with soft cover (hardcover would be too expensive for such a small print run).
    The artwork in the german book differs here and there from the english book because i drew so much stuff and i can show more with two books. But it is nothing lifechanging or super important. It is just for fun. Examples for that can be found further down.

Due to some specific wishes of Fans there are 6 Variants of this story. Basicly 3, but they come in two languages, that makes 6.
    -There is the US Format Comic with 100 pages, full color.
    -There is the DIN A4 Format (european, a bit bigger than the US format) in black and white, only the story in inked pages. This book has a hardcover!
    -And there is the DIN A3 version, an XXL Comic, full color, also only the story inside.

The participation price for the US and DIN A4 versions is 25 Euro plus 10 Euro shipping around the world for one book. Or in US Dollars $39,99 includes the shipping.
    The DIN A3 Book costs 60 Euro, wich is $66 today... shipping not included, if you are interested in this, let me know.

I have some pages as previews for you, so you can see what the inside and the cover will look like:
    There are some errors in the text, but they have been changed, images are older.

What is the story about?

The black and white and international Cover (homage to the old Conan illustration from Pollard).

Page 1

Page 19

Page 50

and 51

Some of the differences

Here you can see the sizes, the are in scale of one another, the A3 to the left, then A4 hardcover, and the US Format books, along with the german and international Covers.
    The text above the images is basicly the same i wrote in the fact section above.

I hope you enjoyed this little tour and i would be glad if you would support the project.
    Again, Deadline is June 15th, and we will print only as many as have pre-ordered with a little amount on top to get the number even. We can't print for instance like 247 issues, the next step might be 250.

If you are interested in pre-ordering, write an e-mail to this adress:

If you have questions, let me know.

We also have a facebook page, if you want to see much more artwork of this project than here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maste...97421906960251

Have nice Sunday, and good start into the week.

Karsten
    Last edited by MAXX; 05-24-2015, 03:30 PM.

Nice Trapjaw artwork. Nice to see Castle Greyskull-Man being represented too. Best of luck!
    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Looks like a very cool project!
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Thank you guys.

Okay, here are the last preview page i will post for this project, pre-order time runs out in 12 days (june 15th). Would be great if you join the crowdfunding.
        Here you can order:

Enjoy:

If you have any question, let me know.

Comment

Did I just read 17 panels of He-Man and Battle Cat stuck in a ditch?
          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I don't know, didn't count them. But you should not forget what this comic is based on.
            The comic is about an audioplay from germany back from the eighties, when the story wasn't that fleshed out and the masters lived inside Castle Grayskull.
            It will have 82 pages of story, probably a bit much, but it functions as a read a long in german, every dialog is in there, so lots of panels had to be drawn.

7 Days left to pre-order and get a thick little book.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
              GREP-A-TOR commented
              Editing a comment
              I do appreciate your dedication and passion, I guess I am eager to see more outside of the hole.

This is a very cool project. The artwork is amazing!
            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• MAXX
              MAXX commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks you very much.
              The sad thing is that it is probably too expensive to participate, so not many will see everything.

GREP-A-TOR Thanks. Then i may dissapoint you. The deadline runs out soon and more pages i won't post. On the facebook page are some more panels shown in the fotosection, maybe you check these out to see some more stuff.
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maste...=photos_albums

Here is a look inside the black and white variant:

Comment

And here is the last call for pre-orders.
              This is an actual panel from the book, even bigger than in the final comic. The text of course will not be there.

Comment

At long last, the project ist finished, the book is printed in NINE Variants... crazy. Here, have a look:

If you are interested, let me know by writing me an e-mail to this adress:

Comment

i ordered one! can't wait.
                  http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow!! How did I not see this thread before?

I just sent you an email. Very interested in ordering a copy!
                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Ok, just successfully ordered an English A4 Hardcover copy. Super excited and can't wait for it to arrive!
                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Thank you guys for your support.
                        I hope you enjoy your books.

Comment

Here are some of the drawings people asked for in order to get the book:

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                            GREP-A-TOR commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good stuff, you have some real talent!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X