"On Top Of Grayskull – A Skeletor Portrait" by SiMo Sol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "On Top Of Grayskull – A Skeletor Portrait" by SiMo Sol

Simon Soltau (aka SiMo Sol) has finished work on a stunning oil painting of Skeletor on top of Castle Grayskull.

On Top Of Grayskull – A Skeletor Portrait

My new painting is finished. It is my recreation of page 2 of “King Of Castle Grayskull”, one issue of the very first edition of MOTU mini-comics. Done in old school classic style, oil on canvas, 70 x 100 cm (approx. 27.6 x 39.5 inches).
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Wow, that's beautiful!!!
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

This art really takes me back to the 80s. Well done!
      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

As much as I like this, I feel that Skeletor's teeth here are on the extreme side, and his cheekbones are a bit too small or deformed!... Nonetheless it's a great interpretation of Alcala's work!

Comment

Hello there!

I just brought my inactive account into action, because there are several threads about my art by now and I have the wish to thank you for linking my art.
          I really appreciate that my paintings are that present here and you like it that much.

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
          As much as I like this, I feel that Skeletor's teeth here are on the extreme side, and his cheekbones are a bit too small or deformed!... Nonetheless it's a great interpretation of Alcala's work!
          You are of course right about the teeth, and I removed some "stuff" at the lower front of the cheekbone, but not much. Why? It isn't supposed to be a human skull. I am strongly influenced by the scary first-generation Skeletor drawings by Alcala. I never understood Skeletor as a kind of human being but more as a demonic being. So I do alter parts of Skeletor's skull anatomy - consciously.

Comment

Originally posted by SiMo Sol View Post
            Hello there!

I just brought my inactive account into action, because there are several threads about my art by now and I have the wish to thank you for linking my art.
            I really appreciate that my paintings are that present here and you like it that much.

You are of course right about the teeth, and I removed some "stuff" at the lower front of the cheekbone, but not much. Why? It isn't supposed to be a human skull. I am strongly influenced by the scary first-generation Skeletor drawings by Alcala. I never understood Skeletor as a kind of human being but more as a demonic being. So I do alter parts of Skeletor's skull anatomy - consciously.
            Yes, you're right about the demonic part especially in Alcala's work, but I can see that you went with the exaggerated look here as if he's wearing a scary mask! Nothing is wrong with that, just an observation, that's all.

And BTW, welcome to HMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post

Yes, you're right about the demonic part especially in Alcala's work, but I can see that you went with the exaggerated look here as if he's wearing a scary mask! Nothing is wrong with that, just an observation, that's all.

And BTW, welcome to HMW.
              Thanks!
              I don't want to legitimate, all is fine.
              Discussing on He-Man platforms is much funnier than explaining 87 times on facebook, why Skeletor had the sword. ????

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Comment

Your work is really good. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

This is a incredible painting. Mr. Soltau you are a super talented artist. This is my favorite MotU era!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X