Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"On Top Of Grayskull – A Skeletor Portrait" by SiMo Sol

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "On Top Of Grayskull – A Skeletor Portrait" by SiMo Sol

    Simon Soltau (aka SiMo Sol) has finished work on a stunning oil painting of Skeletor on top of Castle Grayskull.

    On Top Of Grayskull – A Skeletor Portrait

    My new painting is finished. It is my recreation of page 2 of “King Of Castle Grayskull”, one issue of the very first edition of MOTU mini-comics. Done in old school classic style, oil on canvas, 70 x 100 cm (approx. 27.6 x 39.5 inches).
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

  • #2
    Wow, that's beautiful!!!
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

    Comment


    • #3
      This art really takes me back to the 80s. Well done!
      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

      Comment


      • #4
        As much as I like this, I feel that Skeletor's teeth here are on the extreme side, and his cheekbones are a bit too small or deformed!... Nonetheless it's a great interpretation of Alcala's work!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello there!

          I just brought my inactive account into action, because there are several threads about my art by now and I have the wish to thank you for linking my art.
          I really appreciate that my paintings are that present here and you like it that much.

          Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
          As much as I like this, I feel that Skeletor's teeth here are on the extreme side, and his cheekbones are a bit too small or deformed!... Nonetheless it's a great interpretation of Alcala's work!
          You are of course right about the teeth, and I removed some "stuff" at the lower front of the cheekbone, but not much. Why? It isn't supposed to be a human skull. I am strongly influenced by the scary first-generation Skeletor drawings by Alcala. I never understood Skeletor as a kind of human being but more as a demonic being. So I do alter parts of Skeletor's skull anatomy - consciously.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SiMo Sol View Post
            Hello there!

            I just brought my inactive account into action, because there are several threads about my art by now and I have the wish to thank you for linking my art.
            I really appreciate that my paintings are that present here and you like it that much.



            You are of course right about the teeth, and I removed some "stuff" at the lower front of the cheekbone, but not much. Why? It isn't supposed to be a human skull. I am strongly influenced by the scary first-generation Skeletor drawings by Alcala. I never understood Skeletor as a kind of human being but more as a demonic being. So I do alter parts of Skeletor's skull anatomy - consciously.
            Yes, you're right about the demonic part especially in Alcala's work, but I can see that you went with the exaggerated look here as if he's wearing a scary mask! Nothing is wrong with that, just an observation, that's all.

            And BTW, welcome to HMW.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post

              Yes, you're right about the demonic part especially in Alcala's work, but I can see that you went with the exaggerated look here as if he's wearing a scary mask! Nothing is wrong with that, just an observation, that's all.

              And BTW, welcome to HMW.
              Thanks!
              I don't want to legitimate, all is fine.
              Discussing on He-Man platforms is much funnier than explaining 87 times on facebook, why Skeletor had the sword. ????

              Thanks for the warm welcome!

              Comment


              • #8
                Your work is really good. Thanks for sharing it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is a incredible painting. Mr. Soltau you are a super talented artist. This is my favorite MotU era!!

                  Comment

                  Unconfigured Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X