SPACEBALLS + the first 7 page rough draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPACEBALLS + the first 7 page rough draft

I've never written a script before but I have been studying so here's my attempt. Take a look and give me your thoughts or any pointers..

SPACEBALLS PLUS

Written by: Jorge J. Abrerry

Based on characters created by: Mel Brooks

DRAFT August 2020 EDITION

Once upon a parody..

FADE IN:
    At the end of the last movie, the evil leaders of Planet Spaceball were thwarted off by the likes of Lonestar so that our heroes were thought to have married and lived happily ever after.
    However Lonestar turned out to not be a prince. Thus, Vespa instead decided to stay single since she couldn't marry him.
    Meanwhile, Yogurt has disappeared while rumor has it that a new mysterious noob side of the Schwartz has awakened and it's about to wreak havoc with it's new not so secret weapon, the Mega-Maid 2...
    If you can read this, you have high speed and don't need to wait for the buffering....

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:
    Buffering circle graphic

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:
    "SPACEBALLS PLUS"
    PARTS 2, 3, & -1
    A New Continue Begins...

FADE OUT:

EXT. SPACEBALL 2 - SPACE SPACEBALL 2

SPACEBALL 2 suddenly appears hurtling past us while coming out of hyper speed. The ship skips again through hyper speed to avoid crashing into planet Junka and leaves an impressive skidmark trail made of fire reminiscent of BACK TO THE FUTURE. We see the end of the ship which has a bumper sticker that reads, "MAKE THE SCHWARTZ GREAT AGAIN!"

CUT TO BLACK.

EXT. JUNKA VILLAGE - NIGHT

WIDE SHOT of a small, peaceful village. Distant sounds of owls whooping and cows mooing. Suddenly a BEACHBALL that sounds mechanical RISES INTO FRAME, CLOSE: ROUND, multicolored and white, has a digital face with :-) on it, this is BB-STORAGE-UNIT, called BLEEP for short. Buffers then focuses on something past camera. He BLEEPS -- A SHORT SENTENCE, BLEEPED CURSE WORD-LIKE SOUNDS. Moves EVEN CLOSER TO CAMERA -- is MORE annoyed -- BLEEPS more -- then TURNS AND ROLLS OFF FAST --

INT. VILLAGE HUT - NIGHT

In a primitive HUT, an old explorer, LOAD OF MECCA, (looks like Tom Hanks from CASTAWAY) hands a mysterious sack to SCHMOE DAMNIT (looks like Marty McFly, in Jean jacket, complimented with a down vest).

SCHMOE DAMNIT

Damn you're old, didn't you fight in the Silicone Wars?

LOAD OF MECCA

Why yes but that's a story for another time. This will begin to explain the plot of this movie. There's a new menace to the Galaxy and they have a ship called SPACEBALL 2 that of course also transforms into MEGAMAID 2. This code will infect the motherbrain of the ship and corrupt it from it's transformation.

SCHMOE DAMNIT

(Reveals code on sticky note -- ^^vv<><>ABAB SELECT START) I see, like the plot of AIRPLANE 2 THE SEQUEL. Well, because of you now we have a chance to start a sequel of our own..and possibly start a franchise.

LOAD OF MECCA

Or end it quickly before it even starts. What's with the vest? The 80's didn't age very well but they were right, it does look a life preserver. You didn't jump ship did ya?

SCHMOE DAMNIT

I am afraid of drowning but it's nothing like that. See nostalgia is the new money and we are out to make a sequel, premake, remake, light reboot, or whatever this movie is, right?! Only seemed fitting!

LOAD OF MECCA

So that's it, we're using nostalgia to bring back the Schwartz.

SCHMOE DAMNIT

I guess so..

Both characters look directly at front camera.

SCHMOE DAMNIT

Who'd a thunk it?!
    Both schrug

INT. SPACEBALL 2 - SPACE

GENERAL HOGWASH is getting directing orders from a mysterious cloaked figure whom is chewing out GENERAL HOGWASH about getting plans to stop the destruction of MEGAMAID 2

MYSTERIOUS VOICE

We know they have the blueprints for the destruction of SPACEBALL 2

GENERAL HOGWASH

We won't allow that Sir, we will transform the ship into MEGAMAID 2 before that happens

MYSTERIOUS VOICE

They already know about MEGAMAID 2 and have the plans to stop her

GENERAL HOGWASH

How do they know about MEGAMAID 2 already? The movie just started Sir

MYSTERIOUS VOICE

That's already pretty much a given, it's not really a spoiler if you've already watched the first SPACEBALLS. It's plot already dictated that and now the stakes have to be much higher!

MYSTERIOUS VOICE (CONT)

GENERAL HOGWASH, We must not let anything stop us from sucking out the air from every planet

GENERAL HOGWASH

FINAL BOSS...Sir..The first DORK ORDER will not fail you

FINAL BOSS

Do not call me that HOGWASH, then people will know that KINDA MEH is not the main villain. We can't spoil that untill the end. Just call me CLOAK from now on

GENERAL HOGWASH

Yes, FINAL BOSS CLOAK, KINDA MEH and CAPTAIN FAUX PAS are heading down to PLANET JUNKA now, we will retrieve the plans and stop the destruction of Megamaid 2.

CLOAK

HOGWASH, you're an idiot. It's CLOAK and I will deal with you later. Patch me through to KIND OF MEH

CUT TO:

EXT SPACEBALL 2 - SPACE

Small ships that look like dunce caps emerge from SPACEBALL 2, flying towards PLANET JUNKA.

INT DUNCE CAP 1

CLOAK

LOAD OF MECCA and his INDEPENDENT SQUAD are trying to stop us from our destiny to take over the galaxy.

KINDA MEH

The plans are as good as ours and when we are through here I'm going to scour the universe in search of more nostalgia because the second MEGAMAID isn't enough to bring more SCHWARTZ towards the franchise.

CLOAK

Find him and get the plans. Don't get caught up in searching for Nostalgia.

KINDA MEH

As you wish my Lord.

CLOAK

This movie has a similar story to the first one but we have new characters so it's different and we don't need nostalgia to make more money. The mere mention of a sequel finally getting made will be enough to create the buzz we need

KINDA MEH

Yes FINAL BOSS, The first DORK ORDER can't stand to lose and neither do I

CLOAK

Not again, it's just CLOAK. There is no need to refer to me as FINAL BOSS until the end of the movie.

KINDA MEH

(To CAPTAIN FAUX PAS) I'm not really concerned about the McGuffin, I am going to find the whereabouts of YOGURT

CAPTAIN FAUX PAS

Didn't he go back in time or something because he ticked off Lonestar when he found he was not really a Prince?
    KINDA MEH

Something like that but the audience doesn't know that yet. Anyways, the FINAL BOSS can have the plans and that precious air from every planet but I want the ring that LONESTAR dropped down onto the grate

CAPTAIN FAUX PAS

But didn't LONESTAR have the ring again at the end while piloting the EAGLE 5?

KINDA MEH

It doesn't matter, it's a blooper that they missed and that's not a continuity error that anyone is looking for.

CAPTAIN FAUX PAS

So the fact that YOGURT said it was a worthless prize from a box of Cracker Jacks means nothing to you?

KINDA MEH

With great nostalgia comes marketability

CAPTAIN FAUX PAS

We're not going to be running around chasing stupid objects for 2 hours in this movie are we?

KINDA MEH pulls a picture out of his pocket. It's a picture of himself with BILL PULLMAN, but KINDA MEH is disappearing in the photo.

Last edited by Andy; 08-06-2020, 07:27 PM.
    “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X