Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Was Your First NA Figure?

Seems like every other section had one.

Mine was the NA He-man and Slushhead two-pack. Back in the day, things just popped up at the store with no pre-warning. I can still remember how excited I was to see He-man back, though a little confused at the change in the body.

My first NA figures where He-Man and Skeletor.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by JonWes View Post
      Seems like every other section had one.

Mine was the NA He-man and Slushhead two-pack. Back in the day, things just popped up at the store with no pre-warning. I can still remember how excited I was to see He-man back, though a little confused at the change in the body.
      Almost the same thing happened to me, but in my case, Skeletor was the "Evil Mutant" in the two-pack. I didn't go on to collect any more, but you may have been one of the fortunate ones--I think that was the only way to get Slushhead in the US.

Comment

• Shawn
        Shawn commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my slusshy form JCpenny catalog. bagged * boxed not carded though.

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
      My first NA figures where He-Man and Skeletor.
      Same here.
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post

Almost the same thing happened to me, but in my case, Skeletor was the "Evil Mutant" in the two-pack. I didn't go on to collect any more, but you may have been one of the fortunate ones--I think that was the only way to get Slushhead in the US.
        Really? I had no idea. I do remember not seeing him single-carded. Skeletor was tough to find, I seem to remember. I finally found him weeks after I got the first two. I actually didn't go really deep into the line. I got Hydron, Flipshot and that was pretty much it. Oh, and the Starship Eternia, which I eventually used for my Playmates TNG figures. I think it was basically over before I could get too many more. I remember seeing some of the weird variants on clearance of Hydron and Flipshot, but by that time I'd moved on. I did collect the line again a few years ago, though. It's one of the few vintage lines I actually have.

Comment

I got He-Man and Evil Mutant (Slushhead) two pack and Skeletor. I remember seeing them in TRU one day. While other fans took one look at the figures and were repulsed, I was overjoyed that He-Man was back! I had never known a toyline that died and came back before. I got sick that night, but I asked my mom to hunt down Flogg, Hydron and Flipshot after work.

I couldn't wait to get Flogg, Hydron and Flipshot and finish out that mini-comic arc.

Comment

• Shawn
            Shawn commented
            Editing a comment
            being that i got mine from a catalog, the mini comic was never included. I don't ever recall the 2nd wave even coming with any of them either. It certainly had a more dramatic beginning the the toon!

I remember getting He-Man and Skeletor at the same time. Don't remember if it was a two pack or not, though. I remember having those two guys for awhile and getting many of the others at a closeout store. I wish I'd kept them, man. The only one I still have from childhood is Flogg, strangely enough. At one point I had He-Man, Skeletor, Flogg, Flipshot, Hydron, Vizar, Tuskador, Sagitar, Quakke, the Bola Jet, the little shuttle pod, the battle bird, the skull helicopter, and the Skeletor staff.

Comment

The first NA figures that I got as a kid where He-Man and Skeletor.
            “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Christmas 90 I got all of the whole wave collection and some of wave two. Santa was shopping JCPenny catalog. While I loved them for what they where, I only ever saw a few wave 3 & 4 figures at retail.
              Last edited by Shawn; 05-12-2014, 07:27 AM.
              Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

For me it was actually the "He-Man and Evil Mutant (Slush-Head)" 2-pack, with the mini comic, which I had found at a Woolworth's store. As a kid I had wanted the Electronic He-Man Powersword, but I could never find it.

Comment

I got Slush-Head because I had him as a kid, and loved him. Sadly after watching NA again, the villains, with the exception of Skeletor completely suck. I now have a Intergalactic Skeletor on the way, and an Optik!

Visually they rock, I just dimiss whatever animated ties they have, but then again, I've always had my own creative take on what MOTU is to me. No Mo-Larr's or Baby Skeletor's, no pink bunnies, and nothing that Toyguru's cooked up and called canon.

Just an epic world of awesomeness tailored to the characters that for me, are timeless.
                  Last edited by Sky Runner; 08-24-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I never knew that line actually existed, not until I got back to MOTU during the 200X era.

Comment

I never got any when the line was at retail. I do remember seeing them at toy stores back in the day, but they didn't interest me as I thought myself 'too old' for toys at the time.

My first and only NA figure was an Opitkk that I bought during 200X's peak. I had planned on making a 200X Optikk custom out of it by using a 200X Man-E-Faces as a base, but never got around to it.

Comment

Slush-Head. My first and only NA figure. Never wanted the rest. I think I actually got him not knowing he was an NA He-Man figure, as the cartoon was awful.

Comment

My first NA figure was He-man (with helmet/armor/shield and sword)
                          second one was Tatarus
                          third one Lizzor
                          fourth one Vizar
                          last one Hydron (regular version)

4 good guys and 1 bad guy

Comment

It was my 13th birthday and my last toy run because I was getting too old for them as my parents had informed me, so I remember this very well.... I don't just have one, because I got four of them together along with Starship Eternia. They were Hydron, He-Man, Slush Head and Flogg. My birthday is in December so I never stood a chance of getting the other figures that would came out the following year. However I remember seeing them in stores like Toys R Us, Kay Bee, and Zayres.
                            I can usually be found hanging out somewhere between 1980-1989.

Comment

I admit I never had any orginal NA figures, but in Classics line I got NA He-Man and Skeletor plus Flogg.

Comment

not sure if i ever owned one but weaponstronik always has been so familiar. Another friend says the same thing.

It must had been a popular figure around here ? I dunno

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X