Horde vs. Snakemen (vintage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU Horde vs. Snakemen (vintage)

Which "alternative" bad guy faction was your favorite? For me it was the Horde. The Snake Men came out as I was losing interest in the MOTU. I did get Rattlor during a family road trip, but I never had much connection to the Snake Men.

We had four horde guys, between my brother and I - Leech, Mantenna, Modulok and Grizzlor. They were all so weird looking and fun. That was also the last year I was really into MOTU (1985).

I kind of was aware that they were featured on She-Ra, but for me they were just another faction of bad guys on Eternia.
    I'm a Hordesman
    100.00%
    Sssnake Men all the way
    0%
    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

I have to go with the Evil Horde. Visually, I just found the characters more interesting.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

I am so Horde, I can't even. In every era.
      Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Toyline Horde or Filmation Horde? It's a tough choice between the 'greatest threat to the universe' of the toyline Horde and the 'ancient serpentine villains' of the vintage Snake Men. Of course, I just finished writing up some notes on Hordak's role in Preternia ...

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
          Toyline Horde or Filmation Horde? It's a tough choice between the 'greatest threat to the universe' of the toyline Horde and the 'ancient serpentine villains' of the vintage Snake Men. Of course, I just finished writing up some notes on Hordak's role in Preternia ...
          Toys, for sure
          Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

I definitely dug the Snakemen, but The Horde had infinitely more interesting characters.

Comment

100% Horde here. Way cooler. Loved the Snakemen, but as a kid I was blown away when the Horde came on the scene.
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Evil Horde all the way. Cy-Chop is with the NA aliens in my world though.
                “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

The Snakemen are cool, but I've always just liked the classic monster vibe of the Evil Horde more.
                  “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

While Rattlor, Tung Lashor and Sssqueeze were among some of my fav vintage toys, its The Horde for me as well. My connection is to them via the cartoon. Shadoweaver, Catra, Scorpia, Grizzlor and Hordak were great.

Comment

Horde....mainly because Evil Horde has bigger army including Hordak's main warriors plus Horde Prime's army.
                      Last edited by Jyrki; 08-08-2014, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Even today when I see that toy commercial from 1985 with the introduction of the Evil Horde I get cold chills. I'm sure most of you remember it. They are introduced as the Ultimate threat to the universe in a voice that sounds like Optimus Prime. Then it goes on to say the Evil Horde have no friends as Skeletor trys to escape but is trapped behind these two large rocks. After seeing that as a kid I couldn't wait to get them so they hold a special place in my heart.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X