Who was your first POP figure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was your first POP figure?

What was your first POP figure (or figures) when you were a kid?

Click image for larger version

Name:	she-ra-chick-central.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	47776

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Never had any when I was a kid. They were too girly. I got a Glimmer a few years back.
    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

My first POP figure was Bow.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Absolutely none, the doll line was never released here. I got She-Ra, Angella, Frosta and Bow in the early 2000s. But I did have a few bootlegs.
        I would still buy the infamous Stick-Man in all other lines but Classics

Comment

Catra & Double Trouble.

Then Entrapta.

Comment

As a kid I had no idea there were She-R figures til I found a She-Ra figure at a thrift store and then after finding Adam Tyner's old site also discovered I had Bow as well. As a collector my first PoP figure was Angella.
            By the Power of Eternia! I want a Club Primus!

Comment

I think I got my first figures at Christmas - She-Ra, Swiftwind, and Catra.

Comment

I never bought POP figures for my self but was very happy to buy them for my little sister. The first was peekablue then She-RA

Comment

I remember having most of them, but I couldn't tell you the order in which I received them.

Comment

For me, my first figure was Double Trouble. I got her on my 7th birthday. I kept her as part of the Evil Horde in my collection. She is still my favorite of the POP figures to this day.
                    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

I was born in 1982, so despite having most of them (except for the 1987 ones and double trouble) the only ones I remember getting are the 1986 ladies. Flutterina and Mermista was the first 1986 figure I owned.
                      Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

As much as I loved POP and watched the entire original series, my dad never let me buy POP toys, because he was afraid that they would make me gay. Boy, did I show him. I played with all the muscled shirtless MOTU men. Collected the GI JOE in all their military uniformed glory, and had massive wars with my Autobot and Decepticon armies.

Still gay dad. Its fine though, we're cool now.

Comment

My first figure was She-Ra. I'd just seen Secret of the Sword and went into a local department store and there she was. I got all of the first series and new nothing of the second in my area. Now, I have them all and love each and every one of them!

Comment

My one and only was She-Ra. He-Man had to have his sister.

Comment

She-Ra is the only one I had as a kid. I bought a bunch of the vintage ones for my kids though.

Oh, and I remember I kept my Sh-Ra figure in my Mom's bedroom because my brother and I didn't want our friends to know that we had her. So stupid. My sons play with dolls all the time now. Toys are for kids (and adults!), not boys or girls only... http://towardthestars.com/blog/news/...-for-your-kid/
                              Last edited by Draego-Man; 03-24-2014, 09:52 PM.
                              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

She-Ra was really hard to find in my area. I only had She-Ra herself. I bought her at a Hooks drug store. The only others I really wanted were Catra and Swift Wind, but never found them. I did, however, manage to find Enchanta. So, my She-Ra rode a big Swan into battle.

Comment

I've never owned any of the vntage POP stuff. My first POP figure was technically Adora from MOTUC.

A comic shop near me has a few of the figures (Bow and She-Ra) for sale loose, but mint and complete. I debated picking up She-Ra the other day since my daughter's middle name is Adora and I'm hoping someday she'll be into MOTU. Dad has built her up a nice little set of She-ra, Bubble Power She-ra, and Adora for when she gets a little older (she's only 7 months right now).

Comment

I got She-Ra and Catra simultaneously for xmas. The "doll" thing was never a big issue in our house for whatever reason. I had an old hand-me-down Barbie knockoff who was my Mego Superman's Lois Lane, among other "girly" hand-me-downs from my sister. I'm not going to say we were perfect, but in our family, kids were allowed to just be kids and play as they liked.
                                    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

I never had a Princess of Power figure, but my first "female" action figure was Golden Girl.

Comment

NONE... I never had interest in girls' toys, at least that was the common belief back in the day.

Comment

This sure isn't a popular area of the forum. lol.

Poor POP, not getting much love.
                                          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

The only figure I remember having was Bow. He didn't really fit in with the MOTU characters, but I still liked him. Fits in fairly well with the New Adventures characters.
                                            “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Double Trouble

Comment

I didn't have any, wasn't interested and still am not. But I don't have a problem with them.
                                                Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Being a woman back when I was kid they were great for me but having said that I was a mixed kid, as well as dolls and ponies I had loads of boy toys like cars and tmnts and I think I even had an action man. Despite the vintage toyline being more geared towards my sex I much prefer the classics. Frizzy hair was such a b****

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                  Working...
                                                  X