Price Value of 200X Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Value of 200X Line

What do people think about the 200X line gaining value in the future?

In my opinion I see it becoming something desirable in another 5-10 years. Right now prices are not very high for the most part. There were some great sculpts and accessories from this line that I think make it unique. Would like to hear what people think.

Well the current value is down. In large part to the Classics line. People were dumping that collection to help pay for the Classics collection. Space is also another issue people may have & got rid of them to make room for Classics figures. But not me. I'm hoping the value will go up but doesn't matter to me. I'll keep my entire MOC/MIB collection for a long time. I think some figures will hold their value such as the end of the line Snakemen run. The Green Castle Grayskull is probably the rarest of everything. Many people don't realize it exists. The core Chase figures will have some value. But I've noticed many don't go for sale b/c people aren't willing to throw out $300 for them like they used to go for.

Comment

• Crooked Ninja
      Crooked Ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel the same. I have a lot of carded figures and the castle still that I won't part with. The castle will always hold some value just because it was something not everyone bought at the time and is actually a decent playset.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Aren't all Castle Grayskulls green?

• Pinch
      Pinch commented
      Editing a comment
      When I say "Green CG". I'm talking about that there was a Green Snakemen box with CG inside. They weren't all the normal red box CG we all saw. There are variations of how the CG came packed as well. There is the regular CG,2.0 version where you could put figures in with the chip,BJs gift set with He-Man and Skeletor as a side pack,Sam's CG gift pack with a 4 figure pack and the rarest SM CG

They will never be valuable again. Just my opinion. Great sculpts and characters. The fact that some of them don't stand up on their own is super annoying. There is nothing really redeemable about them. outside of my pure love of them. I mean, they are a super detailed version of my childhood love. so all the added detail, as an adult i feel like "thats how i use to see it" type of feeling. I think they will have a place within the brand, but I would have loved to see it last longer. man it just makes me want a 200x cartoon accurate Mossman!

Comment

I think the Stactions will hold some sort of value. Especially the last 2 waves. If we're counting these as part of the 200x toy line run. And I really agree with Tech Trek that most of the line will not hold any value. I enjoy it for the same reasons. Highly detailed figures that I had as a kid. The figures actually looked familiar & didn't stray too far with the characters color choices & even the weapons were recognizable.

Comment

• TechTrek
        TechTrek commented
        Editing a comment
        it was just really odd, I do not remember the price point, but 4 years ago, the stactions were CRAZY priced at 3 cons that I went to. and they were ALL the same vendors. Its really annoying they will hold on to stuff that is over priced. But more recently within the past year, the prices of the stactions (at least sorceress, horda that I saw) were like half of what they use to be. I really wish they would continue the staction line with a few more characters. I would love a Moss man cartoon 200x accurate.

once the classics line will end im sure people will start looking for these again

Comment

Well I know about a year ago I was able to score some for about 8 bucks each MOC at a Con so I guess it all depends on the hunt and who you deal with; the seller was seeming just selling random stuff off so combining my purchase also got me a discount. Everyone's got an ideal price but can be reasonable I suppose...

Comment

I do not see that line gaining value in the future.
          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Its a dead line with no foreseeable increase in value. Enjoy for what they are.

Comment

The only value of any toys is the enjoyment you get from them. I never understood why people would consider it an investment or want to capitalize on others who enjoy the same toys.
              Last edited by Draego-Man; 08-14-2014, 02:39 PM.
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                The only value of any toys is the enjoyment you get from them. I never understood why people would consider it an investment or what to capitalize on others who enjoy the same toys.
                Like everything else, when demand exceeds supply, business becomes the first priority in people's heads... And sadly that's how some toy companies started to operate by limiting their supplies and create some exclusivity to their lines to bring more value to their brands and/or stocks.

Comment

I know I don't usually crap rainbows, but don't always think the the worst when someone asks about toy/line value.

Sometimes people are curious because they want to army build certain figures and are wondering if the price will go down in the future. Some people like a certain line and want to purchase all figures - but don't want to bleed their pockets dry.

I mean, if Shadow Beast drops to $10, I would probably get like 5 of them. I know I want another one for display, but it is not on my radar right now - as I am pretty sure the price is stable and I just have to wait to get a low price.

As far as capitalizing on fellow fans, well, IMO, that takes it a little far. I like Masterpiece Transformers. BUT - they are expensive and sometimes hard to find. I found 4 TRU MP Grimlocks at Toys R us for $80 a piece. I kept one, I gave one to my friend at cost and sold 2 for $120 - I got to keep my for free and 2 other people got theirs for a mark up - but don't have to hunt anymore and are happy - plus, I didn't charge as much as other people are.

“Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                  Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I never assumed the worst, I just suggested that we reassess what 'value' means and place it in a non-monetized form. Equally we shouldn't assume the worst when someone posts a one liner on a forum.
                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X