Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you collect a vintage style continuation of MOTU (POG)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He-man121
    commented on 's reply
    Your right,Mattel will never license another company or studio to make Motu,They know it's a money spinner
    Any new line whether a re-run of vintage or maybe a 3+3/4 line would have to have major changes for me not least the brand manager and his sales tactics,if he was at the helm of another Motu line i would defo be buying through the second market.

• Anti-Guru
    replied
    Definitely. If this was Mattel's baby, not only would Neitlich force himself into running the show, but the prices would be astronomical... it would basically be what we are dealing with now with MOTUC, scams, scare tactics, overpriced shipping and product, etc. A company like Zica or even if the 4H did it, it would be a better thing.

Mattel will NEVER let anyone else near the property though, I'm sure of it.

Leave a comment:

• Widukind
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah... I bet you LIEguru would like to make HIS continuation of the vintage line, so it would give some kind of "justification" for all the monstrosities he wants to see in MOTU and in MOTUC... NO WAY !!!

• Widukind
    replied
    I would'nt buy a continuation made by Mattel. Mattel is only the shadow of what it was in the 80's, and their aggravations towards the fans made me very angry. But if a caring, competent business would produce a continuation of this line, I'd probably buy it provided the quality is present.

Leave a comment:

• Widukind
    commented on 's reply
    HELL YEAH ! GIGANTISAUR ! This is my holy grail !!! How wonderful would it have been to have this huge dinosaur which could actually swallow your figures !? AWESOME !!!

• Widukind
    commented on 's reply
    I like this barbarian guy too ! He looks great !

• Anti-Guru
    replied
    Why do I get the feeling... you know...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t-vintage-line

Leave a comment:

• Barbecue17
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I think the weird leg issue is one of the most difficult parts about displaying a vintage MOTU collection. Nearly all of mine on display are figures like Orko, Gwildor, or Blade who have more solid legs or they're on vehicles.

• DJ Force
    replied
    I wouldn´t start collecting Vintage-esque figures. Not again. I had a HUGE collection and sold everything. 70+ carded figures, dozens and dozens of boxed vehicles and playsets... Everything gone. I would not start collecting these again. But I would certainly see other collectors jumping on that wagon and buying vintage inspired toys.

Leave a comment:

• bwjenkins
    commented on 's reply
    Mini-Comics would be must-haves in a vintage line, for sure.

• bwjenkins
    replied
    I would totally buy a new vintage-style line that produced non-released concepts. That sounds like a dream come true for me. I don't think it will ever happen but I would love it if it did.

Leave a comment:

• Anti-Guru
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting, I didn't know about this... for I have never collected the commemorative line

• Black Zodac
    replied
    This is a comparison picture that He-Bro took of the feet from vintage BA He-Man and commemorative BA He-Man. Mattel made an effort to make sure that collectors would be able to tell the difference between vintage and commemorative versions. As was mentioned above, I think if they drilled holes in the feet of new vintage figures for stands, it would be enough to distinuish them from the originals.

Last edited by Black Zodac; 01-16-2014, 02:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    Those two would definitely need to be made again for a redux line!

• Anti-Guru
    replied
    I was just thinking... there would need to be a re-release of Laser Power He-Man and Laser Lite Skeletor. Of course they would need to be distinguishable from the extremely rare ones from the vintage line.

Leave a comment:

• Greenskull
    replied
    It would be nice if they came with mini comics too

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    That is a fantastic idea!! POP figures made in the same style as Teela and Evil-Lyn would be wonderful

• Paco Heroico
    replied
    That´s a great idea, I would buy every single figure if comes with the original art.

Leave a comment:

• Y2Greg
    replied
    Count me in to see the vintage line continue. Really want Eldor and He-Ro. And of course....Gigantisaur!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Y2Greg; 01-10-2014, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anti-Guru
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenskull View Post
    How would you feel about getting POP figures in this line, done similar to Teela and Evil-Lyn?
    Great idea!

Leave a comment:

• Greenskull
    replied
    I would be all over a continuation of the old line. It would be great to finally get He-Ro and Eldor in the old style. I would also like to get a proper Green Goddess and Sherella. I would also be up for some NA figs in the old style.

How would you feel about getting POP figures in this line, done similar to Teela and Evil-Lyn?

Leave a comment:

• danbrenus
    replied
    C'mon, how about a vintage release of Goretusk, Crab-man, Brainman, Glob, Fear-ro, Hand-some, ecc? I'd kill a Scott to have it!

Leave a comment:

• Anti-Guru
    commented on 's reply
    Good call on the FFHM leg joints. I didn't even know they were different until I read that... then took a look at my FFHM and was amazed! They should have done that from the start.

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    I am a BIG fan of the Commemorative MOTU line that was released in 2001. I would love to see that line brought back again, with "new" characters like Queen Marlena, Eldor and Fearless Photog made in the vintage style. Figures who were never made in the 1980s would be a big draw for me, if done in the vintage style. It would also be cool to see some of the New Adventures characters made in the 1980s style as well.

Upgrades that could be made to "vintage style" figures would be peg holes under their feet for stands, and getting rid of the rubber part that held the figures legs together, as those degrade over time. Something like what was used to connect the legs on vintage Blade, Terror Claws Skeletor, and Flying Fists He-Man would be an improvement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eldor_prototype.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	2530

Leave a comment:

• danbrenus
    replied
    You bet I'd be interested! I'd buy everything done that way, especially previously unproduced characters, I'd say I'd sink into debts to have it all!

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X