Favorite First Wave Hero and Villain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU Favorite First Wave Hero and Villain

Choose up to two heroes and two villains. For the purposes of this poll, let's call Zodac a villain (as he was originally intended to be).
    He-Man
    20.00%
    Man-At-Arms
    11.43%
    Stratos
    5.71%
    Teela
    12.86%
    Skeletor
    20.00%
    Beast Man
    15.71%
    Mer-Man
    8.57%
    Zodac
    5.71%
    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

I voted for Zodac as my favorite villian as I just loved the mystery around him. You never know what side of the fence he is playing.

Comment

Zodac originally intended as a villain? Oh Emiliano, I won't talk but if you only shed some light on the true origin of poor Zodac...

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
        Battle Ram Man commented
        Editing a comment
        As I understand it he was supposed to be an evil bounty hunter type character. But maybe there was something else intended for him before that. I'd appreciate Emiliano's insight.

• danbrenus
        danbrenus commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, it's a trail of tears tryin' to figurin' out who would have been good or bad, as it's widely known that Stratos was an evil winged warrior while Mer-man was to be an heroic prince from a water planet plunged into its sun.....

• Battle Ram Man
        Battle Ram Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Very interesting, I hadn't heard that about Mer-Man before!

He-Man Teela Skeletor Beast Man

Comment

My votes went to He-man, MAA, Skeletor & Mer-Man. Mer-Man especially is one of my all time favorites.

Comment

My personal favorite as a kid was Skeletor. Loved him.

Comment

Beast Man. I loved the extra bicep armor & the bright colours.

Comment

Beast Man and Man-at-Arms (of course)

Comment

Back in the days, He-Man and Skeletor ruled! Even though Trap-Jaw and Man-E-Faces were my all time favorites.

Comment

Notice Zodac is listed as a bounty hunger. Combine that with his cardback art (him attacking He-Man, talking about his evil power) makes me think he was originally supposed to be a villain. But then there might have been something different going further back to whenever he was conceptualized
                  Last edited by Battle Ram Man; 01-25-2014, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• danbrenus
                    danbrenus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are right, but this art is way ahead of what I'm talkin' about, sadly I can't say much without spoilering the next P&H instalments, I'd only say Emiliano showed me some very early document about Zodac's original concept and it's definitely heroic warrior oriented.
                    I just hope we all can see this astonishing material soon (as I just glimpsed it and I'm willing to see that again).

• Battle Ram Man
                    Battle Ram Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very interesting! I'd love to hear more about it (and the original heroic concept for Mer-Man) when that's available. In a way it makes sense, as the original Mer-Man face looks quite friendly, as does Zodac's. By the way, I love your Alcala-style mini comics.

Teela, Stratos, Beast Man, and Mer-Man!

Comment

He-Man, MMA, Skeletor and Beast Man!! It was that Skeletor and the mini comic He-Man and the Power Sword he came with that got me hooked on MotU for life.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X