Favorite second wave heroes and villains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU Favorite second wave heroes and villains

This is for the original vintage figures! Pick up to two heroes and two villains for your favorites from the second wave. Ram Man has always been a favorite for me. I liked Man-E-Face's action feature as a kid, but I never liked his colors. Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw were my favorites by far from the evil warriors side. I never had Mekaneck growing up but I love the way he looks.
    Ram Man
    18.46%
    Man-E-Faces
    26.15%
    Mekaneck
    6.15%
    Trap Jaw
    20.00%
    Tri-Klops
    13.85%
    Evil-Lyn
    3.08%
    Faker
    12.31%
    Last edited by Battle Ram Man; 01-15-2014, 12:25 AM.
    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

I do associate Mekaneck more with the third wave guys (especially Buzz-Off) but apparently he came out at the tail end of the second wave.
    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes, Mekaneck was a 2nd wave figure. Tri-Klops was my fav.

Comment

Even though Evil-Lyn has 0 percent - I think she came out very good and display her just fine.
        “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
        Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Ram Man Man-E-Faces / Trap-Jaw Evil-Lyn

Comment

Too easy. It's Trap Jaw for me. But I always lost those darn weapons. Man E Faces is up there as well.

Comment

Trap Jaw. I loved the different arm attachments & I would always run a string down the length of our staircase and have Trap Jaw slide all the way down and attack the heroes using that little loop on his helmet. Good times!

Comment

Trap-jaw and Man-E-Faces were easily my favorite figures.

Comment

I really don't remember being that into Trap-Jaw as a kid, but I do remember getting him for Christmas one year. I never had Triklops. I did have Evil Lyn and Faker, though, and those are the two I picked. As for the good guys, I went with Man-e-Faces and Ram-Man. Never had a Ram Man as a kid but always wanted him! I now have three vintage Ram-Man figures: one on display with my Vintage collection, one in my study, and one on my desk at work!

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Ram Man View Post
                    I do associate Mekaneck more with the third wave guys (especially Buzz-Off) but apparently he came out at the tail end of the second wave.
                    There are several figures or sets of figures that sort of fall into the 'in-between' category. Although Mekanek appears to have been one of these, I mentally associate him with the third wave because otherwise, it introduces an imbalance into the numbering--you have only 5 Heroic Warriors in Wave 3 vs. 6 Evil Warriors. Plus, he shows up in the trademark notices on the back of the mini-comics with the rest of the third wave--although Evil-Lyn doesn't show up until then, either, and neither of those are flagged with "Coming Soon". Faker, curiously, is absent from the both the 1983 and 1984 mini-comic trademark lists.

By contrast, the other figures who fall into those 'in between' categories--Faker, Evil-Lyn, and the Comet Warriors--stand outside the regular case assortments. In addition, two of them are largely/entirely repaints without a distinguishing gimmick, and the other two may have been rushed out to capitalize on the hype surrounding Haley's Comet in late 1985/early 1986.

Comment

Ram Man, Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw, and Tri-Klops!

Comment

Man-E-Faces, Mekaneck, Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops. Not choosing Faker was very difficult for me but I got Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops at the same time and it was a BIG DEAL. I loved the Ram Man mini comic "He-Man meets Ram Man" but I felt the figure just felt cheap and hollow and not very articulate compared to the others. I remember Ram Man being a huge disappointment for me when I got him.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X