Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hordak's Plan in "Enter ... Buzz-Saw Hordak!"--Kill 'He-Ro'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanizor
    replied
    I agree with Captain and Nemisythe on this, I don't think the writers back then thought of that particular scenario, but that's the beauty of MOTU, it's always open for alternative interpretations!

Leave a comment:

• Nemisythe
    replied
    Definitely agreed. It's what makes this line pretty cool cause you can find things there and spin them into some pretty cool concepts, as it has been done before!

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    I think you are probably reading too much into it... lol... but it is an interesting idea. You could certainly do a ret-con of the story and play into that idea today.

Leave a comment:

• Hordak's Plan in "Enter ... Buzz-Saw Hordak!"--Kill 'He-Ro'?

Every now and then, I discover or reconsider something about the MotUverse that I've taken for granted. Today was one of those times.

In "Enter ... Buzz-Saw Hordak!" Hordak says the following after finding out that Central Tower is back above ground:

"Inside its walls is knowledge enough to end the power of Grayskull forever! Without Grayskull's power, He-Man is nothing!"

Now, for twenty-eight years, I've always thought Hordak was talking about Castle Grayskull, which made his talking about time travel later on a little strange, and I wasn't sure how he was planning to 'make himself dictator'. But today, two things struck me:

1) He never mentions the castle
    2) We know that until the 11th hour, He-Ro was named Grayskull.

Hordak's interest in time travel now makes more sense in the broader context. He's not after destroying the Castle--he's looking to take over by destroying Grayskull/He-Ro himself, changing history to remove his opposition.

Or am I reading too much into this?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X