MOTU Colouring Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU Colouring Books

Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes! I loves me some colouring books, and Masters of the Universe had a TON of them!

What were YOUR favourite colouring books from the Masters in the 80s?

Sadly, I never had any!... It would've been a blast to own some though, since I was already into drawing and painting MOTU in that time period!

Comment

All of 'em. Such a great part of my childhood.

I'll have to take some pictures of what I have when I get home. One day I plan to learn Photoshop just to scan pages and get rid of the crayon coloring so folks can do it digitally.
      “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Here you go.

From the trace and color

Look at the belt on Faker...Filmation, but he has a Skeletor vest.
        Last edited by Andy; 09-09-2015, 02:58 AM. Reason: For Faker's sake. :)
        “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

I had a few of these. So awesome!
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Great covers on these. I think I had the one with the Battle Ram on the cover, but I don't have a super clear memory of it.
            Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Andy
              Andy commented
              Editing a comment
              Tell me if any of this sounds familiar. Mer-man gathers shells to lure Teela. He then captures her and forces He-man to save her in a coffin out in the sea. After He-man saves her, he causes a tidal wave that uncovers one half of the power sword. He-man stops Skeletor from getting it, then it looks like the Green Goddess (labeled Sorceress) shows up and vanishes it/duplicates it/charms it. (Hard to tell)

2nd story involves stratos letting He-man know that Skeletor is after the other half of the power sword in the mountains.

3rd story is Skeletor getting both haves of the power sword and trying to get Teela to become his Queen.

• Battle Ram Man
              Battle Ram Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm, really hard to say. I think I'd have to thumb through them. The Skeletor marrying Teela thing sounds familiar though

How's the paper quality on these, and were they only good for pencil coloring?

Comment

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              That's exactly what I was asking for! I just wanted to know if the paper quality was thick enough (or not) for markers and ink based pens!

• Andy
              Andy commented
              Editing a comment
              The paint with water ones I'm not sure about, but I imagine they tear easily with the water.

I'm sure they'd all hold up to tempera paint though but haven't tried yet.

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I wouldn't use water color based paints on these pages even if the book claims that it's compatible! ;-)

I would really love to have either scans of these or the real thing, and a crap-ton of colouring pencils.

Comment

• Andy
              Andy commented
              Editing a comment
              There is some great line work in alot of the illustrations. Some scenes are fun and also pretty epic.

I would love to see what could be done digitally from a good clean scan.

I believe I have a whole set of coloring books and sticker books.

Comment

The Evil-Lympics, featuring artwork from Alfredo Alcala
              Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome stuff BRM, as always...

• Battle Ram Man
                Battle Ram Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Mech!

Those are great I used to have a couple of those, thanks for bringing that memory back.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X