Snake Men Galactic Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake Men Galactic Empire

This is one of those way too under-explored aspects about MotU...there are continuities, such as the minicomics, where they ruled several planets. I think it's safe to assume the Elders only banished those SNAKE MEN in the battlefield right at the moment (Tung Lashor, Rattlor and those that would eventually become Reptons evaded that on Eternia). Which would mean there were still planets under Snake Men rule. What ever happened to them? The Horde defeated them? In UK comics there's at least one planet full of reptile men.
    I would still buy the infamous Stick-Man in all other lines but Classics

I love the idea of the Snake Men ruling multiple worlds across the cosmos, with King Hiss' forces being part of the elite Clan of the Viper.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Shawn
      Shawn commented
      Editing a comment
      I do as well. It makes them seam a more powerful threat. However I don't want them to be aliens...I'd rather they be native to Eternia and become the first species to explore and conquer space due to future technology. With Hiss off expanding the "Dino Reptilian Empire" across the stars, that would give time for the Council of Elders/Ancient Wizards to take back, and tame a wild and dangerous Preternia. In lieu of being native Eternians, I think they at least need to come from Infinita...

What about the Origin of the Snakemen? The Power Tour says HORDAK CREATED THEM!?!?! (I still haven't fully processed that tidbit...)

Originally posted by pH6 View Post
    The Horde defeated them? In UK comics there's at least one planet full of reptile men.
    With Hordak banished to Etheria and Hiss is to The Void, that leaves Hordak's brother to expand the Horde on the back of the Dino Reptilian Kingdom. Which UK comic is that? I really need to sit down and read those!
    Last edited by Shawn; 01-29-2014, 04:34 PM.
    Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
      What about the Origin of the Snakemen? The Power Tour says HORDAK CREATED THEM!?!?! (I still haven't fully processed that tidbit...)
      The Power Tour says Hordak released them from beneath the ground. In other words, he did the opposite of what he did in 200X.

I really need to set down my outline of PoG history as I've reconstructed/reimagined it since seeing that video. However, there's no real room for the intergalactic Horde or Horde Prime in this version; that's a vintage PoP element that has rarely sat well with my tastes, and it's very hard to do without diminishing Hordak. I admit, in this version I'm also rubbing out the intergalactic Imperium Serpentis simply because I want to go with the more primitive Snake Men/Dino-Reptilian Kingdom we see in "The Legend Begins!" for thematic and story reasons.

Now, when working with those elements in my earlier fanfic, I had the Imperium Serpentis as dominating half the galaxy, with the Horde as an up-and-comer that had taken over another fifth and was trying to expand. It was actually the Horde's attempt to get a foothold on Preternia--by sending Hordak as an ambassador with technological aid to construct Central Tower's defenses--that drew the Imperium Serpentis' attention to the planet.

My thinking in that canon was that when King Hiss vanished, his empire quickly collapsed and was overrun by the Horde and other forces of Evil. By the time of the main series, the Horde's the dominant power in the galaxy (and a menace in two others), but it still treads lightly around Eternia. It wasn't until Skeletor informed them that the Ancients and the Towers were long vanished that they decided to make another move, and that didn't go well either.
      Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; 01-29-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Personally, the words "galactic empire" make me shudder a bit... I don't want Snakemen travelling on spaceships and such (NA was enough, thank you). I prefer to imagine them travelling through interdimensional gates and using a very old but very elaborate form of magic. I want them to be fearsome warriors like the vintage Snakemen... Some snakewomen would be cool. A snakemen priest /priestess or oracle would fit too, I think... A story based on Preternia/Powers of Grayskull would be cool, although I'm not closed to other stories, as lon as they're cool. Also, if there were new snakemen, they should be classy and colourful, just like the vintage ones !

Comment

• Captain Atkin
          Captain Atkin commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think we ever saw them with spaceships or anything in the comics or mini-comics. I always assumed that they used interdimensional gates to travel.

• Widukind
          Widukind commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. It's just the words "galactic empire" that caused some shudders and reaction...

Future technology could be the key. There's another UK comic where Skeletor is taking some of his lackeys to the FUTURE of Eternia, when there's no more He-Man, through the Canyon of Chronos. But King Hiss appears and tries to talk him into travelling the past instead, to the time when his forces ruled the planet. Spying Moss Man is noticed by Beast Man and his only escape from the evil forces is through the canyon - a leap that takes him to past, resulting in Skeletor and Snake Men going after him to that time. Where else would they get futuristic weapons technology than from the future?
        Techno-organic virus, Magus, Warlock, Phalanx and Cable do NOT belong in this dimension.
        I would still buy the infamous Stick-Man in all other lines but Classics

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X