Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your first Masters of the Universe figure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first Masters of the Universe figure?

Do you remember what was your first figure of orginal series during 1980s? Easy for me. Off course it was He-Man. Same figure was my first Action Figure as well. I still have him but he's not really best in shape.

Wow... so long ago. I am pretty sure that my first figures were He-Man and Skeletor. After that, I started saving up my allowance to buy more figures every month.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I'm sure it was He-Man but the one I 1st remember getting is Prince Adam.

Comment

I remember getting the He-man & Battle Cat 2 pack as my first MOTU. Good times....

Comment

I think I got a bunch for Christmas the first year they came out. I believe it was He-Man, MAA, Beast-Man and Skeletor. The next year I got Mer-Man, Battle Cat, Battle Ram and Castle Grayskull. Good times!
          Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

He-Man and Skeletor, still have them.
            “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
            Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Man-at-Arms, Skeletor and Castle Grayskull for Christmas 1983. He-Man followed a month later, for my birthday.

Comment

My sibling told me my first figure was Trap-Jaw! I do have very early memories of playing with him as my only figure. That didn't last too long

Comment

My first three were He-Man, Beast Man, and Skeletor. My dad bought them for me the first year of the line on a whim because of their strangeness.
                  “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I remember finding the weapons pak in a cheap shop, that was my first Masters product, a bit random I know lol. I got my first figures, He-Man and Skeletor not long after. I still have my collection and my kids still play with them as well as our classics.
                    Last edited by Kel-Ton; 02-28-2014, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Mine was Battle Armour He-Man

Comment

You know, that cross-sell art on the back, it had a HUGE impact on me and my friends as kids too. One friend of mine cut the little drawings out and made a poster on his wall of them. Our fathers used to laugh so hard at all the different MOTU freaks on that big piece of construction paper. Man-E-Faces in particular was one of the grown-ups favorites.
                        “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I got Mer-Man from my brother for my 6th birthday. I remember it like it was yesterday. I had never seen a MOTU figure before, but he found them at store and thought Mer-Man was the coolest so he bought him for me. After that it was an obsession we shared for the rest of our childhood. All we spent our allowance on was He-Man guys and we managed to collect all of them. The only ones we didn't get are the movie figures, Rotar and Twistoid, the Dinos, and Eternia. I remember almost buying the Eternia playset as a kid, but decided to get a Nintendo instead.
                          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Oh, and I still have all my vintage collection, which my kids have now inherited. They are well played with!!
                            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

For me it was Christmas and it was the entire first wave (with Battle Cat), vehicles and Castle Grayskull thanks to my mom and older sister.

Comment

1986 City of Belgrade, Serbia. I was 7 years old when I got my very first MOTU figure Moss Man soon followed by Thunder Punch He-man

Comment

Skeletor and Evil-Lyn.
                                  “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Battle Armor He-man and Skeletor and the Road Ripper. My mom got them for me at K-mart, after I went to the house of a friend of her's. Her son had a TON of He-man figures and stuff and I was hooked.

Comment

I'm positive it was He-Man, then Battle-Cat (they might've come together in the same pack). Then it was Skeletor. My mom got them for me waaaaay back in the day. She knew I was big time into Sword & Sorcery adventure stuff.

Comment

Teela. On New Year's Eve 1985, sometime between 10 and 11am. From Pohjalainen kirjakauppa on Kirkkokatu street in Oulu (I think it didn't become Rotuaari yet at that point). The floor downstairs. The only store with female MotU figures that particular (birth)day.
                                        I would still buy the infamous Stick-Man in all other lines but Classics

Comment

When we were young kids, one day my brother brought his first MOTU figure when he went out with dad shopping, and it was Faker!... And after looking at the back card and reading the mini-comic, we decided to collect the line, me the good guys and my brother the bad guys, soon after He-Man was my first official one, and Skeletor was my brother's second...

Comment

I remember coming across He-Man in a store and just being drawn to him. This was before the cartoon, so I had no idea who he was, but my Grandfather bought him for me and once I pulled that comic out I was hooked. By Christmas I think I had all of the original 8 back figures and Castle Grayskull. I have more memories of that first wave of figures than I do with the ones that came later.

Comment

Easy,May 28th 1982,my sisters 3rd birthday.....My mum didn't believe in giving one without the other even on birthdays so i got He-man,Skeletor and Battle cat and from then i was hooked i even remember the photo in the catalogue,battle cat and he-man facing sideways in front of castle Grayskull and skeleor standing along side,i played with those figures all day every day,and on my eighth birthday i ran around all day with whiplash in my hands,

Comment

My first was the He-Man/Battlecat gift set when I was like 4 years old. The one I remember most strongly getting for a present was Leech.

Comment

It must have been Squeeze before I even realised what MOTU is. Then I was getting a figure every Saturday so it's impossible to remember what came next!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                  Working...
                                                  X