X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super7 @ Power-Con 2021?!

Power-Con has announced that Super7 is attending the convention this month:
    https://thepower-con.com/2021/08/super7-2021/

Power-Con is proud to announce Super7 will be attending Power-Con 2021! Founded in 2001, Super7 is the premier pop-culture design house and producer of lifestyle-oriented collectibles, toys and apparel based in San Francisco. Current licenses in their catalog include GI Joe, SilverHawks, Thundercats, Transformers, and Power Rangers.
    I wonder if they have any MOTU related news to announce aside from their current "ultimates" lines?... I also wonder if the 1987 MOTU movie falls under a different legal category/rights that they'd be able to continue with since William Stout owns his own designs?

I guess in a matter of days we'll find out...

Was Super 7 allowed to continue their MOTU Reaction line or was their license pulled for everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
      Was Super 7 allowed to continue their MOTU Reaction line or was their license pulled for everything?
      I think Brian said in an old interview that they couldn't do any type of toys under the MOTU brand that could compete with Mattel's toys/items, so the MOTU Reaction figures had to stop!... However that was in 2019 and 2020...
      I don't know if things have changed since then or not?

Comment

Reaction too huh? Wow. What the **** was Reaction competing with? I have no interest in Reaction, so I couldn’t care less. But still, those niche figures weren’t competing with anything Mattel is making.
        I feel sorry for Super 7 ever having gotten in to bed with Mattel in the first place.

Sorry for derailing the thread. I wonder if they’ll have anything new, like another rug or t-shirts or whatever non action figures they might be allowed to make. Or if they’ll be there to reminisce about their time making figures and to show off concept stuff & what could have been if they were allowed to continue.

Collectors Choice prototypes would be cool to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
          Reaction too huh? Wow. What the **** was Reaction competing with? I have no interest in Reaction, so I couldn’t care less. But still, those niche figures weren’t competing with anything Mattel is making.
          I feel sorry for Super 7 ever having gotten in to bed with Mattel in the first place.

Sorry for derailing the thread. I wonder if they’ll have anything new, like another rug or t-shirts or whatever non action figures they might be allowed to make. Or if they’ll be there to reminisce about their time making figures and to show off concept stuff & what could have been if they were allowed to continue.

Collectors Choice prototypes would be cool to see.
          Don't feel too bad for Super7, they've got the standard He-Man buck that lead them to branch out into the other "Ultimates" lines while kept working with the 4HM. If they get the MOTU license back, it will be basically a bonus. ;-)

As for their MOTU Reaction line, in Mattel's eyes it was basically a line that potentially could complete with any other MOTU lines Mattel is making regardless of the scale. The money spent on MOTU Reaction or MOTU Loyal Subjects could go toward Origins or Minis and stuff like that!

I think Mattel just wanted to eliminate all the other possibilities while launching their own MOTU lines!

Comment

I get what Mattel were thinking, but they’re just flat out wrong. Maybe if they were in the same toy aisles, a normie mom or dad picking out a toy for their kid might choose one over the other, but that wasn’t going to happen. Super 7’s stuff isn’t on Walmart and Target shelves, they’re in specialty market stores where collectors know the difference. Plus if there’s a MOTU fan buying MOTU Reaction figures, they’re most likely all in purchasers who aren’t going to say “well I was going to buy this Origins figure in my hands, but I’m going to put it down and just buy this Reaction figure instead”
            The licensing fees collected would far outweigh the 1 in a million MOTU fan who’s only going to buy Super 7’s offerings and turn down Mattel’s offerings. The Mattel decision maker who thought otherwise is Neitlich level stupid, plain and simple.

Comment

Yeah your post makes sense to us fans, but marketers, sales people and investors for big companies think differently, they always say "What if" this scenario and that scenario, especially if certain vendors have limited shelf space and they say; well, we only can get this amount from you guys because we have another MOTU line sitting on the shelf and taking space!

Maybe down the line, they might allow different toy companies carrying MOTU toy products once the Mattel's lines are strong, established and performing well enough...

Comment

So any word about Super7's offerings at Power-Con?!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X