Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi,

I'm new here but I've been on that other site since its beginnings; we're talking about when we were still communicating through email. I have been lurking around here since December and just NOW decided to join because I just NOW got a reminder on the other site "of the forum's rules", which I apparently didn't "understand and follow."

I hope this is a breath of fresh air.

Hi Beastmangler! Welcome to the forums
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

It's nice to have MOTU veterans joining and speak their minds. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Beastmangler!!!

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. I'm still mostly lurking around here and that other place. It's amazing how some self-righteous need to assert "power" can stymie discourse when the actual purpose of moderation is to steer discussion not eliminate it. How sad.

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Very true, however some people did act like mindless juveniles with their online behaviors that have also contributed to the senseless tyranny! It's not always the hunger for power, it's also what feeds it.

• Beastmangler
            Beastmangler commented
            Editing a comment
            I suppose your right, Machanaizor. It's just that I find myself now looking over my posts over there with a fine-tooth comb and sometimes, ultimately, delete them and not post at all for fear of an infraction or an edit which changes what I was trying to communicate; the proverbial "chilling effect" (self-censorship). It just isn't fun anymore.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in the same boat Beastmangler, that's why I seldom post over there these days after six years of participation, and I can assure you that we're not alone. This is my new MOTU home now, and hopefully it'll be yours too...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X