Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entire MOTUC collection MOC for $20,000!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire MOTUC collection MOC for $20,000!!!!

Uh, wow...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-of-t...item2ed24c621a

I think the price is high, but pretty amazing to see the entire collection up for sale!
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Problem with this is it comes with none of the DC vs. MOTU variants... so it is not actually a complete collection. In particular no Battle Armor Faker is a huge downside.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I guess most likely no one will buy this whole collection because it's high price.

Comment

Yeah, at that price the average price of each figure would be $142.85. I know there are some expensive figures (Fisto, Teela, Beast Man, Bronze Grayskull etc.), but that is still WAY too much.

Comment

I saw that the other day, also someone else had it for like $5995 + $600 shipping... I remember someone a few months back had his entire MOTUC sold for $3001 plus $400-$600 shipping, which was quite low IMO.

Comment

I'd pay $3000 for the whole set. $20K is a joke!

Comment

Well, $3000 is below cost or barely breaking it even if the seller lived in a free tax state with lower cost shipping. I think he just wanted to get rid of it for a a particular reason...
              $20K on the other hand is just ridiculous , only a filthy rich fool who doesn't care much about the cost and doesn't wanna waste time hunting for the line or make a simple search would pay that much.

Comment

Well to his defense (And I do not know the seller) the TRU DCUC vs MOTUC were a retail product, so I can understand why they would not initially be in the lot. BUT... I if him, would add the sets as bonus lure items to the whole. And then there's the very obscure items like the welded Keldor swords also make it complete. For 20K I'd say he'd also have to be offering the Spirit of Grayskull and Silver She-Ra variant to add more validity to the high price tag.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                  Mechanizor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And his/her car if he/she has one. ;-)

This is hilarious.

Comment

I bet we will see some more collections being sold soon. There are some people who are burnt out. Plus, there are scalpors who realize the end is near and need to cash out while they can.
                  “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                  Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by GREP-A-TOR View Post
                    I bet we will see some more collections being sold soon. There are some people who are burnt out. Plus, there are scalpors who realize the end is near and need to cash out while they can.
                    You know what, I have about 80% of the entire collection is still in MOC status (and I have another 95% loose for my display), including some of the big guns that people are after, and I keep wondering is it better to sell them soon, or hang on them for a while!!!

I'd be happy to break even or make a little extra if possible, although I doubt it. I'm also a little burned out from this line, especially knowing that there might be a lot of holes in the vehicles and the playsets categories.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                      GREP-A-TOR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, if you have any of the heavy hitters - fisto, shadow Weaver and so on - this would be the time to cash out - the LATEST I would wait is this Christmas season - October to December.

After that - prices will start to go down.

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll think about it, probably I'll wait and see what's coming this year and what will be revealed for next year at SDCC before taking the step. Thanks for the advise.

The cheap figures are only going to get cheaper, so better sell them now than later. They might spike a little if the 2015 sub is a go, since people will finally have a guarantee of a somewhat "complete" line-up. But it all depends of the availability on the secondary market.

The more expensive figures might get a bit more expensive and may retain their value.

Regarding that 20K sale... what a rip-off!!!
                    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, if I'm selling, I'm thinking to offer the whole MOC collection as a lot instead of selling them separately, at least in the beginning.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X