Sneak Peek: Limited Edition Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak Peek: Limited Edition Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Want to have a better look at the Limited Edition Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe book, including the exclusive print by Gerald Parel? Dark Horse provided The Power and The Honor Foundation with some great photographs of the book that showcase the amazing Castle Grayskull two pieces slipcase, which includes art by PAH Foundation member Emiliano Santalucia!

You can order the Art of He-Man and The Masters of The Universe Limited Edition book from Amazon by clicking here:
    The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Limited Edition

You can order the Art of He-Man and The Masters of The Universe book from Entertainment Earth by clicking here:
    Art of He Man and the Masters of the Universe
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

I hope we find out who that mystery character is soon! I'd hate for this to turn into another Unnamed One type of situation where our imaginations do not line up with what Mattel gives us... I'd rather all the unpublished documents via Castle Gryskull shaped USB drive then a slipcase that makes it hard to blend in on a book shelf.

Off the top of my head, I'm aware of the following documents that as far as I know, only Mattel has.
    • Preliminary notes from 1981 with pre-production names.
    • Preliminary 1981 story outline where Man-At-Arms is the bad guy.
    • Early script/plot for He-man and the Power Sword.
    • 1985 preliminary notes that would eventually be the basis for Powers of Grayskull
    • Early draft outline for Powers of Grayskull The legend Begins.
    • 1988 Son of He-man bible created by Filmation & Mattel (that Penny Dreadful made us aware of last year)
    • "The Masters of Space" an early New Adventures bible as featured in An issue of Cereal Geek Magazine.

Could include all the stuff up at He-man.org
    • Series bible
    • Series guide
    • various style guides (in better resolution)
    • 1996 Son of He-man proposal
    • She-ra bible that was on the DVD

and any number of stuff I am forgetting or do not know about. Some desktop wallpapers of the vintage box & card arts would be awesome for people who arn't interested in preproduction material.
    Last edited by Shawn; 04-06-2015, 10:05 PM.
    Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Shawn, the book doesn't include any of that. It's an artbook, it's an anthology of art pieces.
      All those documents would occupy almost all the pages of the book if they were there.
      I'm a little worried, because people expect this book being a ultimate collection of everything about MOTU.
      It's 320 pages covering all the eras. There are between 400 and 500 images in it. Just to give an idea, just Filmation art, at the Foundation we probably have around 50.000 pieces. They would't even fit in a Filmation specific book.

Comment

I didn't expect the book to contain much if any of that, but thanks for mitigating expectations. I hope at the very least that the few pages of material regarding PoG that Mattel owns are in this book or I'm going to scream. Your absolutely right that printing all those documents would take up a lot of space, but as I said, my point was that such a document dump is done on a collectable UBS drive. We've waited a long time for some of those documents to emerge. Now that Book #1 is about to drop, this should be the next priority IMO.

Hears to hoping you guys can make a hundred volumes of Filmation art books.
        Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

whos the guy beside hiss and she-ra

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X