Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APRIL: Blade, Batros, and Strong Arm.

From mattycollector:

Finally, something to look forward to on April 15! We’ve got Blade, the first of three characters from the classic Masters of the Universe movie that were also vintage toys. This skilled swordsman arrives brandishing two blades and a laser whip, wearing removable chainmail armor and his signature eye-patch.

We’ve also got lots of little guys this month, starting with the second MOTUC Minis 2-Pack, this one pairing Skeletor® and Moss Man®. And in Early Access only we’ve got the 2014 Club Eternia® chase figures Loo-Kee™ and Kowl™, and the travelling convention figure, Goat Man™. Here’s the full list:

Early Access 4/14
    • Monday, 4/14 from 8 a.m. PT to Tuesday, 4/15 at 8 a.m. PT (subscribers only)
    • Products Available: DCU Wally West The Flash, MOTUC Batros™, MOTUC Goat Man™, MOTUC Loo-Kee™ & Kowl™, MOTUC Minis 2-Pack with Skeletor® & Moss Man®, MOTUC Strong-Or™
    All Access 4/15
    • Tuesday 4/15 at 9 a.m. PT (open to everyone)
    • DCU Wally West The Flash*
    • MOTUC Batros*
    • MOTUC Blade (Club Eternia® monthly figure)
    • MOTUC Minis 2-Pack with Skeletor® & Moss Man®*
    • MOTUC Strong-Or™*
    *Subject to Early Access sellout.
    April Subscription Key Dates
    • Subscriptions Renew/Cards Charged: Starting Wednesday 4/10
    • Subscription Orders Ship: Starting Wednesday 4/10
    Last edited by Anti-Guru; 03-21-2014, 04:51 PM.

I have zero interest in the MOTUC Minis 2-Pack. I have no intention of ever buying them.
    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• Draego-Man
      Draego-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. They are lame, made even lamer by the size reduction. Plus collecting one line is enough for me and I hate Mattel to begin with, so they are not getting any more of my money for these stupid things.

I just need to get that Goat-Man figure, if I get extra lucky that is!

Comment

Yeah, I have a feeling Goat Man and Loo-Kee will be marked as sold out before I get a chance to buy them.

Comment

I'm going to be trying for a Goat Man.
        What are the odds on Matty Geo-Blocking us Internationals yet again on another sale day?

Comment

Probably :/
          "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post
            Yeah, I have a feeling Goat Man and Loo-Kee will be marked as sold out before I get a chance to buy them.
            If that happens to me I'm gonna be pissed.
            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
              I'm going to be trying for a Goat Man. What are the odds on Matty Geo-Blocking us Internationals yet again on another sale day?
              They better not. I wanna pick up lookee and goatman
              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                Croc-O-Bite! commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing would prevent them. I'm sure it will happen again, and that lying sack of shit will come on the boards to say the problem is 'fixed' only after the 12 or so Goat Men allocated for this sale are sold out....

I'm going to be trying for Lookee and Goat Man, too. Blade will be coming through my sub.

Would anyone be a lot happier if instead of the Mini Masters, Mattel had released MUSCLE esque Masters guys? I would love those!

Comment

If some people think the Unwanted One is a rip-off, how will they feel about Kowl and Lookee at $20 plus shipping?
                “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Blade just sucks, looks out of place. Goat man on the other hand is a need to have in my collection. The other two lil cartoon garbage characters well i can pass on them. I dont like pop stuff anyway. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Renewal email received.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Same here...

Got mine too...
                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Shipped on Friday, 11 April. This is the first time my sub has actually shipped before sale day in well over a year...
                      Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Got mine yesterday, I think I have to live with his bulky armor (that hinders his ab crunch BTW) and with his crappy sword!... He's not my favorite figure nor my unfavorable either. I might try different armors on him at one point and see if I'd like him more or not!

Comment

Yay, I got the chance to capture two Goat-Men today, him and Loo-Kee/Kowl are still available at this moment.

Comment

Scored a Goat-Man and, despite my better judgement, Loo-Kee and Kowl, I really want a spare of Goat-Man's hammer, but I really can't justify $27 for that alone...heh.
                            Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Goat-Man now is sold out!

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                                Captain Atkin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Wow! That was fast.

I bought one Goat-Man figure and one Loo-Kee and Kowl two-pack. Really looking forward to adding Goat-Man to the collection.
                              "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                Mechanizor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Agreed, I'm a big fan of classic fantasy characters like Mr. Goaty here, and I'm very happy he made the cut before the line is doomed.

Good luck for everyone who's going for the normal day-of sale today!
                              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• perim
                                perim commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks for the luck!

Well, my first All Access purchase has, at least, been accepted. Waiting on shipping confirmation now.

Blade is a cool looking character, but having never seen the movie, I have no attachment to the figure. Sorry, had to skip.

The minis are tempting, but given I missed them on the first pass, I do not need two and one tower. Goal is for the whole Castle. So no go there.

In the end, it was just Batros and Strong-Arm. I know, not glamorous picks or high demand figures. But, given I am a fan of the Filmation, they just logically made sense and I have to start somewhere. And, at the end of the day, they are my first.

Right now, I will probably be picking up He-Man next month when I have a bit more cash. Depends on what the May All Access purchases are as well.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope you are all able to get what you want and/or need.

Comment

• Novelty
                                Novelty commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I like Batros. The wings are well done and the sculpt is good. Strong-Arm is good, but he's not my fav because he's just too cartoony and lacks detail.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X