Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meteorbs - should they be part of MOTUC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteorbs - should they be part of MOTUC?

So what are your thoughts on the Meteorbs? Should they be part of MOTUC?

“Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

I'd rather have the remaining beasts and monsters before seeing Meteorbs becomes an idea for Mattel to consider!

Comment

Hmm... Agree. They're not necessary. Not at all.

Comment

If it was 2010 and the line was very healthy then perhaps yes. But now we are on the downward trend they aren't necessary enough to warrant the tooling and taking up another slot. Plus, they're a bit naff!

Comment

Save 'em as the 2023 sub lure....

Comment

• Novelty
            Novelty commented
            Editing a comment
            Heh, says the guy with an image of one as his avatar.

I never had them, and don't particularly want them. Let's just say, I'd not buy them if they came out in MOTUC.

Comment

Not my cup of tea. Plus you can bet Neitlich and his design team will screw up the transformations like they did with the comet warriors.
            "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

I know there are folks who are clamoring for them, so I hope they find a way to get them out beyond inclusion in the sub. Maybe a secondary SDCC item?

Comment

• Novelty
                Novelty commented
                Editing a comment
                Mattel and that ToyIdiot will probably say those are loud but not numerous...

• Anti-Guru
                Anti-Guru commented
                Editing a comment
                I assume there are 10 in all of these things? I wonder if they would do two separate 5 packs. Or maybe five 2 packs. I don't see them releasing all 10 together.

Do I want them no. Would I buy them yes. They're not at the top of my list. I want to finish off the vintage line with some other beasts. How about a meteorb subscription? Why not.

Comment

For those who want them (I'd be completely content if they never showed up, but I wouldn't mind their inclusion), would you be content if they were solid PVC figures like Cringer with minimal articulation and perhaps simply detachable sides that snap together to make the meteor?

I think I would but I'm not a huge Meteorb fan.

Comment

• Novelty
                  Novelty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They aren't meteorbs if they can't transform into orbs. I mean come on, Hasbro makes bundles of money selling toys that transform. Why can't Mattel?

It would not be a show stopper for me if they were not made. If they did make them, I would like to see them to scale. Comet Cat should be the size of Battle Cat and Gore-Illa should be the size of Gygore. If they did them to scale, I would buy them all.

Comment

I didn't want them as a kid and don't want them now. Not even MOTU in my view. I always thought these were a really lame attempt to cash in on Transformers niche, but if I wanted more transformers, I'd just buy Transformers.
                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

All I can say is this, I hope that the people who want them are eventually able to get them.
                    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I would be cool with all of the Meteorbs getting made as figures, but the two I really want the most are Cometroid and Gore-illa. I feel that those two could be made to be more like regular MOTUC figures, and they might be able to share robotic parts (arms and legs) with a future Multi-Bot or Twistoid action figure. Being that these two characters have humanoid features, I feel they would blend in better with Rokkon and Stondar then the other Meteorbs would.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

As figures would be awesome, otherwise no.
                        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I would love to have battlecat sized comet cat! Beyond that, while I recall having a couple I never much cared for them, and IIRC think i used them more as go-bots then he-man toys. However, yeah bring em on. the 4HM could make em cool i bet!
                          Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

I don't think we'll ever see them in MOTUC as they're not Mattel's property.
                            “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Black Zodac
                              Black Zodac commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Mattel can make Meteorbs. They were released in the USA by Mattel as part of the Masters of the Universe toyline in the 80s as transforming meteors. If they were ever released as part of MOTUC, they wouldn't look like the original figures: they would be new designs. Mattel owns the names to the Meteorbs, so they could use them with no issues.

If possible I say bring them in. I'd love to see how they get worked into the Bios

Comment

• Novelty
                              Novelty commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Of course the new bios are the main draw for these! In Mattel's system, of course

Has TG ever answered the question as to whether they will be made or not?

Comment

When ever asked he always says they "can make them maybe eventually" he insists that The 4HM could do "something cool with them". Perhaps in a box set for SDCC, or as a holiday item or non sub item or packed in with another figure (you know, like a two-pack such as with Faux Filmation Hordak & Imp...) Probably in a movie year? Keep reading teh bioz ;-)

Novelty makes me wish I could like comments within posts.
                              Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

• Novelty
                                Novelty commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'd like to see Emiliano's sketches for them...

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                              I would be cool with all of the Meteorbs getting made as figures, but the two I really want the most are Cometroid and Gore-illa. I feel that those two could be made to be more like regular MOTUC figures, and they might be able to share robotic parts (arms and legs) with a future Multi-Bot or Twistoid action figure. Being that these two characters have humanoid features, I feel they would blend in better with Rokkon and Stondar then the other Meteorbs would.

These could've been a wonderful assignment for Emiliano to work on if it wasn't for that dip**** Neitlich!

Comment

We were promised every single figure from the Motu vintage line in this and next year's line. Somehow I hope TG won't consider them beasts. I have no idea what the are according to Mattel's world class research department whether these are characters or beasts or vehicles in Mattel's system. Maybe in a movie year we might get a couple badly sculpted non-transformable meteors just like we remember it to make them "pop".
                                “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• D.M.
                                  D.M. commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  "We were promised every single figure from the Motu vintage line in this and next year's line." - Empty promise just to get people to subscribe.

Originally posted by Novelty View Post
                                We were promised every single figure from the Motu vintage line in this and next year's line. Somehow I hope TG won't consider them beasts. I have no idea what the are according to Mattel's world class research department whether these are characters or beasts or vehicles in Mattel's system. Maybe in a movie year we might get a couple badly sculpted non-transformable meteors just like we remember it to make them "pop".
                                I could be wrong, but my guess is that they would be a 'category' all their own. I certainly wouldn't consider them "standard figures." As such, it's possible they may not come out at all. Frankly I'd be fine if they didn't make these. No offense to anyone who wants them, but I just don't see there being that huge of a demand for these. I can't see the average fan clamoring for these more so than other iconic vehicles, and we already know that the Wind Raider, a very iconic vehicle, didn't sell well enough to justify further vehicles (the Sky Sled coming out was sort of a gray area given it's smaller size, fewer parts to produce, and it being packed with a figure, but we still haven't seen a larger).

The Meteorbs feel like something made for a completely different toyline that was tacked on to MOTU in the 80s in a half-assed manner. And looking at the pictures of them, while maybe they could make a basic reusable outer "egg"/"meteor" shape that can be reused, it looks like overall the tooling reuse would be minimal. And the arguments in favor of them seem to insist that not just some, but all of them should be included and released by the end of 2015. I just don't see that being feasible. There are so many other characters from the previous toylines and other media that are much more worthy (IMO) of those tooling dollars and slots in the line.

These, at best, are 2016 fodder, with that even being iffy.

Comment

Looking at the pictures of MOTUC Multi-Bot, it is easy to see where parts from that figure could be used for Cometroid and Gore-illa. The various cybernetic arms and legs would work well for those two meteorbs if they were made reimagined as full-size MOTUC figures..

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Looking at how the comet warriors turned out (pretty lackluster), I have doubts that meteorbs would turn out very well in classics.
                                    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X