The Unnamed One review by Pixel Dan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unnamed One review by Pixel Dan

The Unnamed One (Gorpo) review by Pixel Dan.

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Pretty cool review.

I agree that as a toy-figure, it's very neat. I hope to get him at some point since I couldn't afford the subscription.
    But the name and position in the story for this figure isn't to my liking.

Comment

Utter rubbish. What a waste of plastic.
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I saw the review last night, and nothing is unusual there. Whether we like it or not, Pixel-Dan simply shares his opinions as we do here...

I never liked Orko or Trollans in general, and most likely never will, however I think this figure still looks a lot better than Orko!

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Pixel Dan is set up nicely. He has a huge fan following. He gets to attend and host Cons, and he receives free product. His reviews may seem 'fair', but really, he's just looking out for his own interests. He would really only be shooting himself in the foot to offer up anything that wasn't a glowing review. I just wish I thought of it before him.

The love letter was to Scott, from Scott. That's it. We don't need a long winded message from TG explaining what we already know. Anyone who sees it as something for the community, is probably that same idiot jumping from their seat and dancing when a toy is announced.

As for my personal feelings on the figure? It was an easy pass, and I kept $35 in my pocket for an actual MOTUC figure that wasn't the brainchild of TG.
          Last edited by Sky Runner; 04-05-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Dan's consistently been more generous and forgiving than a lot of the fan base. (Granted, movie Skeletor is more forgiving than some of the fans around here. ) But he does criticize the idea of making Gorpo the Unnamed One--and I noticed that he consistently referred to the figure as Gorpo.

Comment

I'd love to see Dan picking up one of those lame figures with a big frown on his face and yells at TG/Mattel: Stop making this garbage! Then throws the figure at the camera! I would watch such a video a thousand times while cracking up!

Comment

Who cares who likes Dan or not? Not everyone is the same and likes the same things or people. So someone doesn't like Dan and someone else does, big deal. I like to watch his reviews because I like to see the toys... but I certainly don't expect anything critical to come out of his mouth. I can see positives and negatives... but again, who cares? It's just an opinion and we're all entitled to them. Instead of attempting to police what people think and say, a much better course in life is simply to respect the views and position of others, and accept the fact that it is perfectly ok to agree to disagree.

Peace.
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

By the way. This discussion is over a review over a toy, a piece of plastic, not over a person.
                  Last edited by Jsting; 04-06-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

You couldn't pay me to watch this, but I bet I know how it goes down:

[nasal whine]Hi, everybody! I got an evil Orko figure. Some people think its stupid, but whatevs! Its purple and comes with things! Also, its arms move. Its comparison time! I keep using the word "review", but I don't know what it actually means! I LOVE this guy! TTYL![/nasal whine]
                    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• Dark Angel
                      Dark Angel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh, my bad. I'm being totally unfair, here. I didn't add an exclamation point to second and fifth sentences, and Dan always speaks in exclamations.

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
                    You couldn't pay me to watch this, but I bet I know how it goes down:

[nasal whine]Hi, everybody! I got an evil Orko figure. Some people think its stupid, but whatevs! Its purple and comes with things! Also, its arms move. Its comparison time! I keep using the word "review", but I don't know what it actually means! I LOVE this guy! TTYL![/nasal whine]
                    LOL... Well, his reviews also don't mean; it's bashing time, where is my hammer?!...
                    IMO, many of his reviews were actually helpful, others were simply monotonic and redundant, but also a bunch of those figures were also boring or uninteresting; to me at least!.

Nevertheless, I still appreciate the time and effort put into all of his reviews, it's a lot better than looking at dumb pictures surfing the web.

Comment

The rabid defense of Pixel Dan is starting to weigh on me. I used to watch many of his videos until after Mosquitor came out.

I just watch them without the sound on to see the figure and accessories for all angles.
                      To me, now, he is just part of the Neitlich machine.

He gets free figures ahead of everyone and gives positive reviews. Rinse and repeat. I don't dislike him as a person and find his videos valuable.
                      “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                      Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Some people like Coke. Some people like Pepsi. We don't need to hear from the Coke drinkers about how wonderful Coke is, and we don't need to hear from the Pepsi drinkers that Coke drinkers are brainwashed for liking Coke. Lets all stay on topic and discuss the review, and not the man doing the reviewing. Thanks.
                        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Shawn
                          Shawn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          fair enough, However I have to say that I love coke. My parent(s) like(d) coke. My three siblings? Pepsi all of them the bastards! That isn't even getting into who likes diet, zero or max. Thanksgiving is a one big gigantic Clusterpop of a Cola War. I tell you WE DRAW BLOOD over soda. However If I'm being honest to my self I'm more of an orange soda guy when I'm not being dragged in to help fend against the Pepsi Police. :P

Pixel Dan drinks Pepsi to get pumped up for his reviews... but something tells me he had a glass of Coke before he reviewed this figure.

Comment

I like Dan's reviews, but I mostly check the ones he does for other lines. Actually I haven't seen a MOTUC review by Pixel-Dan maybe since 2012, I'll probably check these last few ones.
                          “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X