My first MOTUC figure horror story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first MOTUC figure horror story

Well it was bound to happen. My King Grayskull (the 2008 one) took a dive of the display shelf and his foot broke off at the ankle I super glued it and it seems fine. Luckily I have another 2008 King Grayskull and some spare boots. If I can find out how to remove a boot from a figure then I can replace one on king grayskull. Needless to say that some of my other figures have very loose ankles such as wundar,adora,faker and man-at-arms. It only goes to show that mattel has a very lousy quality control.

Many customers received their first King-Grayskull with broken ankles from day one! I ordered two back in the day, and one was already broken in its box!
    It was disheartening to see your first MOTUC figure broken! It was actually a writing on the wall so to speak that the line will be cursed with bad QC from the get go... Sadly until this day, we're still having QC issues!
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 04-05-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Removing a boot is actually very simple. Just microwave a cup of water for about 2 minutes. Take the cup out, and dunk the figure's legs into the hot water for about 20 - 25 seconds. Then just pull them off (I usually grip the figure with a dish cloth so I don't burn my hands). When you put the new boots on, heat both the leg and the boot in the water again. It makes it a bit rubbery, and easier to put on.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Thanks for the tip I will give it a try.

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
      Removing a boot is actually very simple. Just microwave a cup of water for about 2 minutes. Take the cup out, and dunk the figure's legs into the hot water for about 20 - 25 seconds. Then just pull them off (I usually grip the figure with a dish cloth so I don't burn my hands). When you put the new boots on, heat both the leg and the boot in the water again. It makes it a bit rubbery, and easier to put on.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X