No announcement yet.

Knockoffs of the Universe From Mattel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knockoffs of the Universe From Mattel?

Mechanaizor made a post about the manticore in an old minicomic and it started to remind me of all the "plays with" toys that many of us had as kids. I'm sure we all had some of one type or another. Mattel is really interested in making new characters...Why not combine the two? Would you want a subscription of unknowns from Mattel that uses MOTUC tooling and are similar to MOTU, but not MOTU? Official knockoffs ...Might this be the place for characters like Skeleteen?
    Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Knockoffs like the Galaxy Warriors? There's a German customizer called punaniprinz who does them in MotUC style and they look fantastic. However, as much as Mattel might be interested in creating new characters, I think there's no need to. There are still enough existing characters left to do to keep me interested in this line for years.

Comment

• Shawn
      Shawn commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. like Warrior Beasts and all that Remco stuff. I would kill for a 4HM jewel thief, King Vikor, and Thot Amon-or ;-)

i'll have to check out punaniprinz work.

Fuerza-T for starters. Give us the two figures that will enable us to remake Fisto and we'd be golden
    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

I'd support Fuerza-T and Galaxy Warriors. If Mattel won't make them, someone else should mass produce these knockoffs.
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Shawn
        Shawn commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to see the 4HM team up with some of these 3rd party head/weapons guys.

Fuerza-T would be a great way to get more re-use out of existing parts. Characters like Techno would be awesome in MOTUC.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Shawn
        Shawn commented
        Editing a comment
        So many sweet Techno customs have been made. i love the ones that use more roboto parts.

Does Mattel have the licence for Fuerza-T? If so, why aren't these being made. Seems like a win win. I think most fans would buy them and Mattel gets to cheap out on parts reuse.
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

You have a Frosta knock-off in MOTUC.
        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
          Does Mattel have the licence for Fuerza-T? If so, why aren't these being made. Seems like a win win. I think most fans would buy them and Mattel gets to cheap out on parts reuse.
          The question was asked a few years ago at the Infinite Hollywood website. Here is what Toyguru had to say about Fuerza-T:

"We have looked at these bootleg MOTU figures and it is possible we could issue our toys in those colors. Right now we want to concentrate on the real toys with our limited slots and redeco allocation. Who knows what the future will bring."
          "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Vahn
            Vahn commented
            Editing a comment
            That actually sounded promising! I'm sure it's ultra-low on the priority list, but it's cool to know they could do it. I'd buy a mini-sub of Fuerza-T dudes!

I still would like to see Classic version of the knockoffs.

I still would like to see a bucket o'parts.

Comment

• Shawn
            Shawn commented
            Editing a comment
            what do you mean bucket o'parts?

a bunch of miscellaneous parts. woman arm. gar left leg, trap jaw right leg. things like that

Comment

Hypothetical: Mattel says "pick one Remco (no licensed characters.) action figure and one Fuerza-T action figure to me made in 2015 and 2016"

who would you choose?
            Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

The he-man head fuerza-T with the gusto body and uh the blue removing figure
              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

pics or it didn't happen.

Plantino?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X